Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

nfz restrictions

Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me to how if/any nfz restrictions are implemented on the breeze? I haven't been able to find any decent information on this. Is it similar to the typhoon and other yuneec drones?

Thanks,

--k

My first question why do you want NFZ to be disabled? Unless your 107 certified Yuneec will not give out that info now.

I'm not asking for it to necesarrily be disabled. I just want a better understanding of how it works on this model drone and if it even has nfz implemented, so I know what I'm buying! There is a lot more information about the other yuneec drones when I google about it, but no real discussion about the breeze.

Thanks,

Ah ha, can't help you on the breeze, but if the software is the same in some respect. When you try to fly within a 5 mile radius of ATC controlled airspace your drone will not start, at least mine wouldn't. I have a NFZ waiver. I think there are 2 versions for NFZ waiver?

On a EU site I found this:
GPS
GPS Yes
No Fly Zone No
Return To Home Yes
Auto Follow Yes

It has restriction for NoFlyZones.
I tried it a few kilometer far from airport and it has poped up a window immadietly as I started the app with the info there is restriction and it can only fly under 20m height in every mode.

It has restriction for NoFlyZones.
I tried it a few kilometer far from airport and it has poped up a window immadietly as I started the app with the info there is restriction and it can only fly under 20m height in every mode.
Thanks for the update. So the NFZ database is in the app rather than the Breeze.

Reactions: hpc_bnc
I live 1.5 miles from an airport. Occasionally I will fly my Breeze in the backyard to practice landing on my landing pad. My Breeze has never failed to take off nor has any NFZ warning message been displayed. I always keep it below the treeline (30' or less). Perhaps if I tried flying higher I might get a warning.

I live 1.5 miles from an airport. Occasionally I will fly my Breeze in the backyard to practice landing on my landing pad. My Breeze has never failed to take off nor has any NFZ warning message been displayed. I always keep it below the treeline (30' or less). Perhaps if I tried flying higher I might get a warning.
Only major airports are in the database. Regional and local airports are generally not listed.

Austin Straubel airport is an international airport that appears on every NFZ map that I have seen...
There are hundreds of airports on the NFZ apps. The internal database used to prevent starting the motors only contains 166 in the US. In WI there are 3 in the database and Austin is indeed one of them. Guess I'm surprised you can fly, but maybe the database on the Breeze is smaller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvwritingservices