Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Night flying and lights

Reaction score
A few threads touched on night flying or inspection lights.
FAA waiver is required for night flying, that info is elsewhere.

Lights and mounts
For night, the Cree lights meet FAA requirements and the Typhoon H Cree mounts for landing struts & prop arms should fit... if diameter is close, if larger a little trimming mount would work.

Mount
3D PRINTED

Cree LED
Strobon UAV Strobe Cree® Brighter Light for your UAV Drone

For lighting up ground or inspection point with extremely bright lights the Lume cubes produce.
LumeCube | Portable, Durable, Powerful Lights for Photo and Video

I’d have to examine to verify; if I get a 920 and if the Typhoon Lume Mount could be configured to provide a mount point.

Last edited:
Reactions: scasanova
I think there’s an unspoken question in the above referencing tube sizes. The H and 920 do not share tube diameters. Using metric for sizing the H-480 uses tube diameters ranging from 12.0mm to 12.2mm for booms and gear. The 920 tubes range from 21.05mm to 21.2mm.

The deltas in sizing for each model appear to be manufacturing tolerance differences. Both use the same general tube diameter for their gear and motor booms for their model type.

Ordered a graphene 8000ma, 15C battery for the 920 last night. We’ll see how that works out.

Reactions: Breizhdrone
I think there’s an unspoken question in the above referencing tube sizes. The H and 920 do not share tube diameters. Using metric for sizing the H-480 uses tube diameters ranging from 12.0mm to 12.2mm for booms and gear. The 920 tubes range from 21.05mm to 21.2mm.

Pat, Much bigger difference than I assumed. I'll reach out and see if he'd be interested in adding a 21mm to his production. Does the 520 use a different size as well?

That would be a good question to ask in the 520 forum. I don’t have one but I suspect the tube diameter will be somewhat larger than the H due to extending their length.

Good idea with the strobes. The 920 only has the rear LED so those wanting to fly at night have to be creative or fly blind. I lean to the creative side but easy is as easy does[emoji6]. If a COTS product is available that already meets FAA requirements choices become easy.

Requested Aerial-Pixel ([email protected]) to add Cree strobe mounts for H920 in size PatR specified; 21mm.

He has now completed the design and placed on web site.
Aerial-Pixel Graphics and Apparel for DronePilots

Update on the H520 mounts: uses same mount as the Typhoon H. Ryan has them listed as 12.2mm and the mounts are flexible enough to fit 12mm and 12,2mm.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio