Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Angle mode with GPS?

Reaction score
Just got my H pro and I am having some trouble. 1st time out couldn't get the props to start with the start button. It seems like I'm getting 3 sec. of purple followed by 1 sec. of white. Never solid purple. Second time I used the Take off mode and it took off and hovered about 8' solid staying in the same place. I was in Angle mode and did not have any control with stick input, rabbit turtle didn't matter. switched to smart mode didn't seem to make a difference. I was too afraid to try anything else so I stood under it until it dropped low enough for me to grab it... OK now what....Only thing i could do was carefully pull the battery...my questions are

Whats up with the Purple/White lights ?
Why did I not have any controls in angle mode?
Transmitter is showing that the sticks work in diag mode
Why can't I just start the motors with the red button
Why doesn't the Red button Kill the motors

I have a little bit of flying exp. with quads so I should be ok to take the controls assuming that they work normally
I've had a couple of helis in the past that were bind n fly so I know a little about that too
I'm not completely new to the RC world but the stakes are much higher here than 2-3 hundred as in the past. I've been sober for 3 years and I'm not sure I'm ready for a disaster with my hard earned 2K just yet...

I did flash to the newest firmware and It shows to be the new one on everything

Thanks in Advance

Dennis in Dallas

Not to be mean but did you read the manual cover to cover? It tells you what the light code mesns. I believe it's in smart mode.solid purple is angle mode.
I would suggest reading the manual on the forums and searching for videos on each mode and learn the operation first.
Not ment to be mean just making sure the research is done first
Also pos t your flight log file that will tell us a lot.

Last edited:
I have read everything before I even purchased it. I've watched several first flight youtubes.
the light code doesn't appear to be a valid code as White is all cal. issues but solid I've got 3 sec of solid purple with one White blip every 3-4 sec. ...It's not on anything I can find
I've also looked at the new and improved user manual

I don't remember exactly. I was worried about getting in down with no controls. It literally didn't move 1 foot in any direction and there was a pretty good breeze

Post your log files. Without those it's just a guessing game.

But I would do a st16 reset but first pull the log file

The auto take off feature is only in the flight modes like ccc, orbit, etc I believe. I don't use it so can't remember where that is. But if it is in o e of those mode and you used it that may have been your issue as it was waiting on the start command or exit. But just speculation until log files are posted

Last edited:
The purple/white is normal. Purple means it's in angle mode and the white flash means there is sufficient satellites.
Delete the current model and then create a new model, then rebind. Leave the props off and try to start and stop.

To upload flight log files just add .txt to the end of the file name. We can delete it when we read it.

should i be hitting reply or post in this screen below like I've been doing?

Attachments

• teledata.txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Either works just fine. If you use reply it copies the text into your post that you are replying to. This helps with clarity when you reply to a post that is several posts higher on the page.

Just got my H pro and I am having some trouble. 1st time out couldn't get the props to start with the start button. It seems like I'm getting 3 sec. of purple followed by 1 sec. of white. Never solid purple. Second time I used the Take off mode and it took off and hovered about 8' solid staying in the same place. I was in Angle mode and did not have any control with stick input, rabbit turtle didn't matter. switched to smart mode didn't seem to make a difference. I was too afraid to try anything else so I stood under it until it dropped low enough for me to grab it... OK now what....Only thing i could do was carefully pull the battery...my questions are

Whats up with the Purple/White lights ?
Why did I not have any controls in angle mode?

I have a little bit of flying exp. with quads so I should be ok to take the controls assuming that they work normally
I've had a couple of helis in the past that were bind n fly so I know a little about that too
I'm not completely new to the RC world but the stakes are much higher here than 2-3 hundred as in the past. I've been sober for 3 years and I'm not sure I'm ready for a disaster with my hard earned 2K just yet...

I did flash to the newest firmware and It shows to be the new one on everything

Thanks in Advance

Dennis in Dallas

Purple with a brief white flash. You are in Angle mode and have good GPS.

The red button needs to be depressed and held for a few seconds for the effects of that action to become evident. It's designed with that delay to avoid unintentional activation/deactivation of motor arming.

1st time out couldn't get the props to start with the start button.

Dennis in Dallas

If you couldn't get it to start with the Red button, how did you start it?

What is "diag" mode?

Are you sure you are holding the button down long enough? It will not stop instantly

Not to be mean but did you read the manual cover to cover? It tells you what the light code mesns. I believe it's in smart mode.solid purple is angle mode.
I would suggest reading the manual on the forums and searching for videos on each mode and learn the operation first.
Not ment to be mean just making sure the research is done first

The manual shows no mention to the alternating color/white lights. That was bugging me out until I found online that that was normal for GPS lock.

Leave the props off and try to start and stop.

..but do not try to increase the throttle. If you do, the motors will sound choppy, jittery. That is normal and will go back to normal once you put the props back on.

I have to go to work myself for a few hours anyway but thanks in advance
It appears the controller did not have good communication with the H. I'm actually surprised the Auto Takeoff worked. There is no indication in the telemetry that the H saw the Smart mode command.
When you say you flashed the new firmware, did you follow the steps in the update video? Did you do both the ST16 and the H?

A couple of tips:
If anything seems out of the ordinary, never take off. Resolve any problems first or your aircraft is at risk.
Make certain all the telemetry is shown and all seems to be normal readings.

If you couldn't get it to start with the Red button, how did you start it?

What is "diag" mode?

Are you sure you are holding the button down long enough? It will not stop instantly

The manual shows no mention to the alternating color/white lights. That was bugging me out until I found online that that was normal for GPS lock.

..but do not try to increase the throttle. If you do, the motors will sound choppy, jittery. That is normal and will go back to normal once you put the props back on.
And hitting the throttle with no blades will cause a motor failure warning.

It appears the controller did not have good communication with the H. I'm actually surprised the Auto Takeoff worked. There is no indication in the telemetry that the H saw the Smart mode command.
When you say you flashed the new firmware, did you follow the steps in the update video? Did you do both the ST16 and the H?

A couple of tips:
If anything seems out of the ordinary, never take off. Resolve any problems first or your aircraft is at risk.
Make certain all the telemetry is shown and all seems to be normal readings.

Wondering if I should do another firmware update just in case something got messed up.
Well thats exactly what I just did and Boom! Motors switch is working. Also Gimble is now working with the pan and tilt. One question i have is I tried to take a pano pic while just setting and the gimble didn't move. It took all 8 pics but never turned. I guess I'm a little confused on the camera/video switches on the left side. The terminology is confusing. any input would be appreciated. I will probably try to take it out tomorrow and see how things go.
Thanks Guys
P.S. my color code blinker sheet says nothing at all about purple with white. Where are you finding that information online?
TIA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal