Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No connection possible with USB from drone to remote control. (For updates) - Defective USB socket, support exchanged drone

Reaction score
EDIT: The drone is sent in, according to the technician probably defective USB socket. - Drone got replaced by a new one, everything works now.

Short: Is there a way to reset everything (RC and Drone) ? or install manually the Firmware to the Drone (ST16E does not recognize the drone via USB)? (My PC recognizes the connected drone but I can then still do nothing).

Long:
Today I saw the new version of the DataPilot app in the Appstore (2.0) and downloaded it and could have used it. I was shown several updates there:
1622560621304.png
I had put off the updates until after my upcoming appointments and had hopes that these updates would finally fix my problems with the software.

So I have everything connected and started as it says in the instructions. Only problem is, the RC is updated. But since RC OFDM link is up to date, the drone no longer connects permanently, or not at all with the RC. Constantly for 1 second the connection is there and immediately breaks off again, GPS etc is all transferred. (Manual control lost)
-EDIT: After I unscrewed the antennas as a test, the connection no longer breaks. If I wrap the outer antennas in aluminum foil, the connection is maintained. But still no Connection via USB.-

The problem is that I can not connect the drone via USB as the instructions say. I have tried 2 cables, in different orders and restarted several times. had no success in the last 3 hours.
EDIT: I have also reinstalled the app several times (old and new Versions), directly from the appstore, as well as from the website.

What can I do now? I am dependent on the drone professionally and am now in a bit of a pickle.

Attachments

• H520E+OTA+Update+EN.pdf
    366.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Have you tried deleting the currently installed version of DataPilot, and reloading with a download directly from one of the Yuneec sites? I notice the guide mentions you may have problems if you do not first delete the existing DataPilot.

The DataPilot firmware and instructions are here. The DataPilot version here appears to be older than the one you installed. That may be a good thing.

Yes i tried that already
When you deleted/installed the DataPilot, did you try using the older version to see if it would help? I think you probably did, when I see your "Edit", but am not sure.
I am not familiar with the H520e. @chascoadmin or @aedronix may be of more help, but are not currently not online. This thread seems related to your issue, and branches off to a couple other threads than may provide help. The thread is focused on H520, so it is not directly applicable

Reactions: aedronix and Hypano
When you deleted/installed the DataPilot, did you try using the older version to see if it would help? I think you probably did, when I see your "Edit", but am not sure.
I am not familiar with the H520e. @chascoadmin or @aedronix may be of more help, but are not currently not online. This thread seems related to your issue, and branches off to a couple other threads than may provide help. The thread is focused on H520, so it is not directly applicable
I'm going to take a look at it.

I think the problem here is that I can not install the firmware updates because the drone can not be connected to the remote control via USB.

And because of the disconnects, I think it's because of the 2 different versions.
Maybe they now send differently and since only the remote control is updated, they interfere with each other.
Would then so on the same problem with the USB connection.

I am not familiar with updating via USB as that is normally only a connection used for downloading the aircraft logs. All updating is typically OTA or via the mSD card. The OFDM is definitely via mSD.

Reactions: Hypano
I am not familiar with updating via USB as that is normally only a connection used for downloading the aircraft logs. All updating is typically OTA or via the mSD card. The OFDM is definitely via mSD.
In the new version it is not done this way, but by cable.
Yuneec technician has confirmed this and in the PDF I have attached above it is also shown this way.

But there must be an SD plugged in (which is).

I send it in now and then give an update.
Maybe that will solve my other two problems too.

Reactions: chascoadmin
In the new version it is not done this way, but by cable.
Yuneec technician has confirmed this and in the PDF I have attached above it is also shown this way.

But there must be an SD plugged in (which is).

I send it in now and then give an update.
Maybe that will solve my other two problems too.
Well that's a step backwards in technology. What technician did you talk to?

same here just got my h520e back from repairs firmware was not updated tried to do so and got the rc updated and thats where things hit the fan in the bad way. also new antennas yuneec uses on the arms with the h520e is not compatible with the h520e foam package. the foam packaging must be modified by enlarging the side arms area.

So I brought the drone to the post office on 4.6.21 and got it back today 9.6.21 , so after the weekend.

The drone was not repaired but directly replaced completely by a new one. The remote control etc are the old.
Also on mine are larger antennas on it, which is why I cut out the styrofoam.
(Unfortunately they forgot to include the USB cable again ... )

With me, everything was updated and is therefore up to date.
@terrence davidson I think if the USB connection works, the update should also work. With me it was probably a defective USB socket.

Also my other problem with the incorrect EXIF information is now fixed.

The only thing that remains is that I am still "afraid" when landing because it has already tipped over once and today it almost happened again. Probably because she is too timid and then wants to correct but already has grip through the feet. Of course also some wind.

The only thing that remains is that I am still "afraid" when landing because it has already tipped over once and today it almost happened again. Probably because she is too timid and then wants to correct but already has grip through the feet. Of course also some wind.
Be sure to have the Rate slider in full Rabbit position when you are landing. This allows the motors to idle down properly upon touchdown.

unfortunately I got no H520e myself, only a H520

Be sure to have the Rate slider in full Rabbit position when you are landing. This allows the motors to idle down properly upon touchdown.
Is rabbit slider = speed lever ? (no good English knowledge ;) ) So that the drone runs at full speed ?
If that's what you mean, I always have full speed activated when landing and it still happens.

Is rabbit slider = speed lever ? (no good English knowledge ;) ) So that the drone runs at full speed ?
If that's what you mean, I always have full speed activated when landing and it still happens.
Yes, I was referring to the Speed Potentiometer on the upper right side of the ST16S. Being at the full upper speed setting should allow the aircraft to bring the motors to idle speed by holding the throttle full down after touching down (about 2 to 3 seconds for this to happen). The only time I’ve had issues with the motors not idling down is if the aircraft lands on a spot that is too unlevel. In those cases you can take off and land in a more suitable area or while holding the throttle down, also depress the motor arming switch (red button) for 3+ seconds to disarm the motors.

Yes, I was referring to the Speed Potentiometer on the upper right side of the ST16S. Being at the full upper speed setting should allow the aircraft to bring the motors to idle speed by holding the throttle full down after touching down (about 2 to 3 seconds for this to happen). The only time I’ve had issues with the motors not idling down is if the aircraft lands on a spot that is too unlevel. In those cases you can take off and land in a more suitable area or while holding the throttle down, also depress the motor arming switch (red button) for 3+ seconds to disarm the motors.
Well, when it tipped over, it was a large flat parking lot and full speed.
The drone was completely on the ground, all 4 "feet", even already felt 2-3 seconds or longer but had not switched off and then all at once quickly tipped over (probably have 2 motors revved up).

Either it had frozen after that or already before, because after that it didn't react to any of the inputs anymore, not even to emergency stop.
I then had to pull the battery from the still running drone.

maybe it has to do with the reason why I landed at all is.
In mid-air it has switched from angled to manual (Probably GPS loss). But I have directly set the lever once from angled to manual and back to angled, which has solved the problem immediately. Nevertheless, I landed promptly out of caution. (and at the exact same place also 10 minutes before to exchange the battery). And that's when it happened.

And now I'm scared every time it stands on 2 of the 4 feet for a short moment, that it will happen again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: chascoadmin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal