Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No fly zone

Reaction score
I got my typhoon h 3 days ago as a gift. My country has no regulations about drones as far as I'm aware of but I do live about 2 kilometers from the airport. First day I got it wasn't able to fly it because of the no fly zone. Second day I tried it again, didn't change location or anything it worked. Did some flying brought it back to the ground and was able to tako off again. Landed it and finished for the day. Yesterday so the 3rd day of owning it I got the no fly zone again .tried to turn it on and of for a while hoping it will go away but it didn't. I did send a email to the us mail, and got a case number. But I live in europe so sent a email to the europe mail yesterday and still no answer. Is there a way to cheat the system to fly because if I wanted to fly I would have to leave my town (it is pretty small)

Btw I have a typhoon h I just made a account on this and have no idea if I'm in the right forum.)

Last edited:
What is your country ?
In Europe, there is a European regulation which was to enter into force on 01/07/2020 but which was postponed in 6 months to 01/01/2021 because of the Covid and whatever the country.
Similarly, in the city you cannot take off a drone unless you have a professional license and adequate authorization.

Around each airport (or place of protection), you will always have an exclusion zone ranging from 5 kilometers to 15 kilometers depending on the importance of the traffic.

Where to Find Europe’s Drone Rules All in One Place: EASA’s Easy Access Rules

Reactions: Mike Irish
Bosnia and herzegowina
In this country you can take off and fly a helicopter without a license if you have it and have space to take off. And I'm not in the city Im near a city in a country like place. Basicly I have a lot of room to take off and fly no building traffic or anything.

Might be worth downloading an app like UAV forcast to show your area and show your No fly zones, it would hopefully clear up whether it's a problem with the craft or just being in the wrong place. NFZ can released by Yuneec, but involves showing all the correct paperwork that your a qualified pilot etc.

Reactions: Miller Kent
The exclusion zone of this airport is in the memory of the typhoon and you cannot remove it.
The only way is to apply to Yuneec but I have a doubt if you don't have a professional license.
Your case is not the only one, because Dji has the same restrictions in its flight software (moreover, more restrictive).
To escape this, it is to buy a device that does not have N.F.Z (No Fly Zone) such as the Typhoon H520 or Autel Evo 1 or Evo 2.

Might be worth downloading an app like UAV forcast to show your area and show your No fly zones, it would hopefully clear up whether it's a problem with the craft or just being in the wrong place. NFZ can released by Yuneec, but involves showing all the correct paperwork that your a qualified pilot etc.

Thank you for the app. I can see 3 circles originating from the airport and I'm in the 3rd circle out I guess that means I can't fly. But I was wondering is there a hack for the no fly zone like with other models because the government won't do anything to me if I fly because they don't even know they can.

One more question do you know what the nfz is for large airports so I can set the distance to know where I can fly

I would suggest researching your countries CAA, and check the regulations, I assume they would be following EASA.

I would suggest researching your countries CAA, and check the regulations, I assume they would be following EASA.
Thanks and this is the last one I promise lol. How was I able to fly it 2 days ago in the samo spot that is nfz?

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
A fault, GPS anomaly, i suppose your flight log would reveal all.

A fault, GPS anomaly, i suppose your flight log would reveal all.
Don't think it will, didn't know it was a thing till I registered here and I thought they removed it somehow so i cleared my card.

Don't think it will, didn't know it was a thing till I registered here and I thought they removed it somehow so i cleared my card.
Flight log is stored in the ST16 controller.

I got my typhoon h 3 days ago as a gift. My country has no regulations about drones as far as I'm aware of but I do live about 2 kilometers from the airport. First day I got it wasn't able to fly it because of the no fly zone. Second day I tried it again, didn't change location or anything it worked. Did some flying brought it back to the ground and was able to tako off again. Landed it and finished for the day. Yesterday so the 3rd day of owning it I got the no fly zone again .tried to turn it on and of for a while hoping it will go away but it didn't. I did send a email to the us mail, and got a case number. But I live in europe so sent a email to the europe mail yesterday and still no answer. Is there a way to cheat the system to fly because if I wanted to fly I would have to leave my town (it is pretty small)

Btw I have a typhoon h I just made a account on this and have no idea if I'm in the right forum.)
I have a second problem. I don't know how to make a no-fly zone. I was at the airport 200 m and the drone flies. How to make him not fly?

I have a second problem. I don't know how to make a no-fly zone. I was at the airport 200 m and the drone flies. How to make him not fly?

Don't turn it on and/or take off?

Sorry for the smartarse reply....but situational awareness is what a responsible pilot has. Know where you can’t fly, and don’t fly there. Don’t depend on software to do the job for you.

But to answer your question (what I think it is)... contact Yuneec in Europe and tell them about the area you think should be an NFZ. Give them an accurate Lat/Lon coordinate of the center point. They’ll decide if there should be an NFZ there or not and update the software accordingly. Personally I wouldn’t do this as “less to none” NFZ’s is the goal.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz