Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Fly Zone

Reaction score
Okay, I received the waiver and instructions for the firmware. I can now fire up and fly in the no fly zone. But the problem is I can only get 18.8 meters in the air. This does not give me the adequate height that I need to get the pics my client requested. I even did the lawful thing I had to do and contacted the airport and air traffic tower and let them know that I would be working within 2 miles of BOI . we even discussed a ceiling of 125 ft which would have given me more than enough height to get the requested pics. My question is does anyone else have a height restriction in a no fly zone? and how do I change this?

It seems that you are using the drone commercially, so you should obtain a Part 107 certificate and then request the unlocked commercial firmware -- Yuneec will want to see a copy of your certificate.

Reactions: ttmarch
Okay, I received the waiver and instructions for the firmware. I can now fire up and fly in the no fly zone. But the problem is I can only get 18.8 meters in the air. This does not give me the adequate height that I need to get the pics my client requested. I even did the lawful thing I had to do and contacted the airport and air traffic tower and let them know that I would be working within 2 miles of BOI . we even discussed a ceiling of 125 ft which would have given me more than enough height to get the requested pics. My question is does anyone else have a height restriction in a no fly zone? and how do I change this?
Sounds like you have a recreational waiver which is restricting your maximum flight height. You need the commercial waiver which you will be able to get on production of a part 107 cert. Here in the U.K. the production of a PfCO will be required.

Reactions: ttmarch
It seems that you are using the drone commercially, so you should obtain a Part 107 certificate and then request the unlocked commercial firmware -- Yuneec will want to see a copy of your certificate.
Thank you, I do have the 107 cert, so I will contact Yuneec again.

Sounds like you have a recreational waiver which is restricting your maximum flight height. You need the commercial waiver which you will be able to get on production of a part 107 cert. Here in the U.K. the production of a PfCO will be required.
Thanks for the info.

If you did not attach a copy of your commercial certificate to your waiver application you have an amateur level waiver that still carries some restrictions.

If you have a part 107 you need an airspace authorization not permission from the airport. You don't even call the airport. Sounds like you are in class Delta airspace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval