Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No GLONASS? Is that a negative?

Reaction score
I'm in the market, patiently awaiting the new Typhoon H but am reading conflicting reports regarding GLONASS. Does the H have this satellite capability, and if not will it make a big difference to performance? Anyone out there heard anything.....?

I'm in the market, patiently awaiting the new Typhoon H but am reading conflicting reports regarding GLONASS. Does the H have this satellite capability, and if not will it make a big difference to performance? Anyone out there heard anything.....?
On Simon Newtons you tube channel he discusses his visit to the new U.K Yuneec headquarters where he got to have a fly of the new H in his report he does mention that the H is Glonass equipped hopefully this is the case but will just have to wait and see.

Just an update to my last post Just got my digital copy of the new U,K Drone Show Magazine and it confirms that it deffinately has combines GPS /GLONASS included hope this helps

Last edited:
Having both the US GPS and Russian GPS signal is definitely a plus. Let's hope that is does have it included. :)

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Thanks to all ... Yes, I'm sad to say I've been scanning every article and video clip on the "H" for a few weeks now, and have seen the interviews at CES, but wasn't a totally convinced that a brief 'Yes, it has that' by a guy trying to sell new gear, and 2 months ago as well!
I would've thought that if it had this capability, they'd be putting it in their promotional material. Let's hope it's in the mix.
Anyone in Australia heard any info on arrival date and or price?
We see plenty of dates for USA & Europe, but little down here.
I note a couple of outlets are showing AUS$1,999, but looking closer, it's just the bare essentials for that price. No case, spare battery, lanyard, sunshade etc... All these are included in OS sales quotes.

Thanks to all ... Yes, I'm sad to say I've been scanning every article and video clip on the "H" for a few weeks now, and have seen the interviews at CES, but wasn't a totally convinced that a brief 'Yes, it has that' by a guy trying to sell new gear, and 2 months ago as well!
I would've thought that if it had this capability, they'd be putting it in their promotional material. Let's hope it's in the mix.
I note a couple of outlets are showing AUS$1,999, but looking closer, it's just the bare essentials for that price. No case, spare battery, lanyard, sunshade etc... All these are included in OS sales quotes.
All they are offering here in " In the Land Up Yonder" is the H, a Wizard, no case and no extra battery anymore for $1299

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Is that slightly different from all the CES trumpeting of deals and prices?
Right now in the USofA all you order now with the start out package is what I mentioned, with of course the backpack and extra batteries available the day they ship, yeah! right after we all fricken order the "H"! Oh well, I can get the backpack and extra battery later for around $380 or less , so I guess the free "Wizard" makes it a deal? Let me know when you find out what the package is for Down Under!

Right now in the USofA all you order now with the start out package is what I mentioned, with of course the backpack and extra batteries available the day they ship, yeah! right after we all fricken order the "H"! Oh well, I can get the backpack and extra battery later for around $380 or less , so I guess the free "Wizard" makes it a deal? Let me know when you find out what the package is for Down Under!
Tell me, what's the deal on regulations for flying a drone where you are. You have the FAA I think. We have CASA, But technically it's not legal to fly them if you haven't got what's known as a 'C tick". This is given out by the authorities to the importer. That means, if you buy online from overseas (HK for example) it doesn't qualify. Any thoughts?

As of December we are now under FAA to register and put a registration number on our drone(s) one number for as many as you may have. The drones here do not ship with this number, you must obtain online by registering. The registration is simple to do and makes you agree to FAA regs of max 400" height and no night flying and no beyond LOS flying, no above people, buildings and restricted areas(airports, stadiums) etc

As of December we are now under FAA to register and put a registration number on our drone(s) one number for as many as you may have. The drones here do not ship with this number, you must obtain online by registering. The registration is simple to do and makes you agree to FAA regs of max 400" height and no night flying and no beyond LOS flying, no above people, buildings and restricted areas(airports, stadiums) etc
Thanks for the US (?) update!
Can you explain if legally you must fly LOS, why people insist on being able to go 2 or 3 miles via FPV. They then compare the DJI and Yuneec, and say "look, DJI. can go 5000 meters as against 1000 with the "H" If you lose visibility at about 300 to 400 meters surely it's irrelevant if you want to stay legal?
Same with the height regs.
What's the story there, as a newbie I'm intrigued!

All they are offering here in " In the Land Up Yonder" is the H, a Wizard, no case and no extra battery anymore for $1299
So that will work out to a $1,500 price-tag after buying a case, battery and etc.

'H' had better be something really special for fifteen hundred bucks.

Thanks for the US (?) update!
Can you explain if legally you must fly LOS, why people insist on being able to go 2 or 3 miles via FPV. They then compare the DJI and Yuneec, and say "look, DJI. can go 5000 meters as against 1000 with the "H" If you lose visibility at about 300 to 400 meters surely it's irrelevant if you want to stay legal?
Same with the height regs.
What's the story there, as a newbie I'm intrigued!
Drone pilots who live in or close to wide open spaces, such as desert or expansive farmland, have an appreciable advantage over those of us who live in thickly populated regions. Their advantage applies to both drone-piloting and shooting.

I live in central New Jersey, which is close to New York City. Those of us who are into drones and guns are comparatively out-of-luck. So far the FAA is telling we who live in urban or suburban areas there may be no flying over people, buildings, traffic, or anywhere near airports. So if I wish to take advantage of the capabilities of forthcoming hobby drone technology I will need to travel to Arizona.

YUNEEC Typhoon H Hexacopter with GCO3+ 4K Camera Yuneec Drones | YUNEEC Typhoon H Hexacopter with GCO3+ 4K Camera

This is in Perth, WA

Hi
now i own a P3Advanced and with this i make excellent photogrammetry works, with or without apps.
Now i have to expand my fleet and i'm thinking to buy a Typhoon H. My question is: can i do photogrammetry and aerial surveys with this hexa? There are apps like map pilot, dronedeploy and pix4dcapture for the typhoon H?

Thanks

R

Since you are talking photo's for photogrammetry you can use your existing apps. As for aerial surveys I see not problem with the video.
Maybe you can clarify your question?
Are you asking about features while capturing like waypoints or post processing like measuring distances on a photo?

I need the app managing shots and course, creating precise overlapping of the photos.
Doing this 'by hand' cant produce a good work. There is something like this for the typhoon H?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval