Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No GPS

Reaction score
My ST10 will not find GPS. Continues to display Acquiring, have tried tuning GPS on and off with no luckany ideas.
Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I am assuming the drone is acquiring GPS as when I plugged in the USB interface it shows the correct coordinates have also tried the ST10 in vertical position still with no joy location is Finland. All was working fine all around the world for the last year!

Thanks

William

William,
It is beginning to sound like the GPS inside the ST-10 has gone bad. I know there have been some recent solar flares (wiped out my HAM radio).
It could have been enough to disrupt the GPS in your area. If any other GPS device (your cell phone car GPS) works, then I would look at the ST-10.

All other GPS devices work however last time it was working we did have a significant solar storm. I actually have an extra ST10 from my old drone that went swimming! Any idea on how I pair it to my new drone

Delete your current setup in the box and enter a name for the "New Drone".
Turn on the Q and tilt it forward 45 degrees two times. When the led indicator turns orange, your in binding mode.
Go back to the box and bind the two.
:)

If you have a SD card in the ST10, then check the telemetry files (Telemetry_000xx.csv has GPS info from copter; RemoteGPS_000xx.csv contains GPS info from ST10). So you can find out which one is missing or bad.
Usually the 'Aquiring' means the the copter waits for GPS fix (Aquiring does not mean no GPS, it means no GPS fix yet, waiting on it).
In telemetry the IMU status says something about the GPS chip and the ST10 GPS (cgps_used means controller GPS), press_compass_staus has also a GPS bit. gps_accH is the horizontal accuracy of the copter's GPS. This must be below 1.6 to get a GPS fix.

If you not sure, what you have to look for, upload the two files (or the complete flight log) and I will have a look on it.

br HE

Hello

Thanks had no idea that I could have a SD card in the ST10 checked host in case there was one and sorry to say no. Guess I will just have to send it back to Germany and wait a couple of months for a big repair bill

Thanks only checked the old one,. Just opened my new ST10 and what do you know theres an SD card
Just going to down load and see if I can make any sense of the logs.
William

If you have a SD card in the ST10, then check the telemetry files (Telemetry_000xx.csv has GPS info from copter; RemoteGPS_000xx.csv contains GPS info from ST10). So you can find out which one is missing or bad.
Usually the 'Aquiring' means the the copter waits for GPS fix (Aquiring does not mean no GPS, it means no GPS fix yet, waiting on it).
In telemetry the IMU status says something about the GPS chip and the ST10 GPS (cgps_used means controller GPS), press_compass_staus has also a GPS bit. gps_accH is the horizontal accuracy of the copter's GPS. This must be below 1.6 to get a GPS fix.

If you not sure, what you have to look for, upload the two files (or the complete flight log) and I will have a look on it.

br HE

Hi

These are the readings from the telemetry as they are all over 1.5 explains why I am not getting a GPS fix.
Next question is how do I bring them down?
William
gps_accH

Usually it's enough to wait. This may take more time if the copter is far away from the previous place. It needs to receive new sat-data.
At a 'known' place I got GPS fix after 25 sec (the red line). This a typical histogram from my Q500:
Diagramm_für_gps_accH_01.png
What can go wrong:
- GPS-Antenna broken
- Antenna cable not or bad plugged in
- GPS module defective.

What say IMU status?
Try this program to view the FlightLog. If you click on a value in a cell, then you will get more information about the value (if I know more).
Download Win: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
Description: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/mydat/Q500log2kml_en.pdf

br HE

Usually it's enough to wait. This may take more time if the copter is far away from the previous place. It needs to receive new sat-data.
At a 'known' place I got GPS fix after 25 sec (the red line). This a typical histogram from my Q500:
View attachment 7344
What can go wrong:
- GPS-Antenna broken
- Antenna cable not or bad plugged in
- GPS module defective.

What say IMU status?
Try this program to view the FlightLog. If you click on a value in a cell, then you will get more information about the value (if I know more).
Download Win: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
Description: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/mydat/Q500log2kml_en.pdf

br HE
Next issue is I have a Mac and can't find a converter for this program!!!!!

Do this: Remove the camera/gimble from the unit and fire it up. I'm having the exact same problem, but only when the camera is installed. If I remove the camera, everything works. If the camera is in, the copter will not get a GPS lock. When I plug the unit into the USB port on the PC with the programmer adapter, it shows correct GPS coordinates, whether the camera is installed or not. However with the camera installed (and ONLY when the camera is installed), the unit will report the number of satellites that it is tracking (usually more than 8 or 9), but it stays in Acquiring state and the propeller motors refuse to start. Pull the camera out, and everything instantly works perfectly. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi