Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Non-scientific H Plus V. Autel EVO distance comparison

Reaction score
Corvallis, Or, USA & Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
OK, today I did a couple of flights with the EVO to compare communication robustness between the H+ and the EVO.

The first test was to fly the same route that I flew about a month ago with the H+ using the 4Hawks antenna ( H+ Distance Tests? ). Bottom-line: while the H+ flew the route (about 7,200 foot distance) but experienced some connection issues (both control and video), the EVO was rock solid throughout the entire flight.

The second test was to fly a route also previously flown with the H+ and the 4Hawks antenna where the H+ flew out about 2,700 feet but was partially blocked by a line of trees. The H+ lost connection and I had to move location in order to regain flight control. The EVO, again, was rock solid, no glitches, and I did not have to move from the initial location.

This is a Thumbs Up for the Autel EVO regarding communication robustness. Note that in both instances, the flight distance far exceeded VLOS and the flights were intended to test communication robustness, not to establish a normal flight operation model.

Very cool, sir ! I've thought about getting the EVO. Whats the videos like ? do they compare to the H ? or CG03+.

Very cool, sir ! I've thought about getting the EVO. Whats the videos like ? do they compare to the H ? or CG03+.
Check out Is 4k60 video different from 1/2.3" CMOS vs 1"CMOS? and the subsequent comments by @YuKay . Bottom-line, for me, the EVO video compares favorably with the C23, H+, capabilities. Of course, a 1/2.3 camera can not fully compete with a 1" sensor camera but to my amateur eye, the differences are insignificant for my needs. I'm a happy camper with my new EVO.

I love the camera on that EVO. Really really wish they'd sort out an EU-legal version minus the 900 MHz.

I love the camera on that EVO. Really really wish they'd sort out an EU-legal version minus the 900 MHz.
They dropped 900 MHz just before launch for that stated reason. So Europe is on their agenda. But they recently tweeted that first they would need to build a team in Europe.

They dropped 900 MHz just before launch for that stated reason. So Europe is on their agenda. But they recently tweeted that first they would need to build a team in Europe.
Oh did they ? I did not know that ! Thanks for updating me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda