Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Non Warranty ST16 Repair

Reaction score
Well it seems my right stick needs to be replaced on my ST16 and I got an estimate call from United Radio this morning. The total comes to $148.84 with return shipping and 6 months warranty on parts and labor. I hate to pay this, but I don't see as I have much of a choice. The elevator stick went out on the Fourth of July and I could not get the J3 channel to calibrate.

Most of the time cleaning the POT on the gimbal can fix it. Use a high percentage isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab and just smother on the POT. Work it a little and it should work fine. Just don't get the isopropyl on the LCD

Or vertigo drones sells them for cheap and you can just replace the gimbals.

I am curious. On the Q500 ST10+ you have to split the case to gain access to the sticks. Is this also the way you get at the sticks with the ST16??

Yes. It's not that hard. The worst part is getting the grips back on after.

The holes for the screws are located near the left and right edges of the grips (hidden). I was thinking if I needed to access mine I'd go in from the sides without completely removing the grips. There are 2 screws under each rubber grip.

BTW - I had a similar issue about a month back with an old Spektrum DX6 radio. The throttle pot was going bad. I bought some plastic safe Electronic Component spray cleaner and doused the pot really well moving it back and forth. To my surprise it started functioning just like new again.

The holes for the screws are located near the left and right edges of the grips (hidden). I was thinking if I needed to access mine I'd go in from the sides without completely removing the grips. There are 2 screws under each rubber grip.

BTW - I had a similar issue about a month back with an old Spektrum DX6 radio. The throttle pot was going bad. I bought some plastic safe Electronic Component spray cleaner and doused the pot really well moving it back and forth. To my surprise it started functioning just like new again.
Exactly right. Electrical contact cleaner (safe for plastic type) will clean the pot and it will evaporate on it's own very quickly. Just spray it on the base of the stick and keep moving the stick in all directions. Do it several times. After it's dry, turn on the ST16 and check the stick in Hardware Monitor. When checking it move the sticks slowly and look for smooth operation and verify that it returns to center every time. You may still need to do the calibration if it doesn't center properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech