Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Not Following in Follow Me Mode

MDR

Reaction score
We've been trying out the follow me mode on Breeze, I would draw a box around me then once green, I would start walking. The camera seem to follow to a certain distance but the drone is not moving. Anyone with similar experience?

Yes, you are in Watch Me mode where the Breeze stays at the position you place it at and it will rotate to follow you. If you wander too close or too far the camera will lose you as it will not tilt to keep you in the frame.

To get the Breeze to follow you you must have location services active on your phone so the breeze can follow the phone's GPS location. Breeze Cam also needs permission to access location services. Once you connect to the Breeze and enter the Follow Me mode, change from the Eye icon to the Double Right Arrow icon to enter Smart Follow Me mode. It helps to have the Breeze at least 10 feet up and 30 feet out so it can keep you in view of the camera more easily.

Yes, you are in Watch Me mode where the Breeze stays at the position you place it at and it will rotate to follow you. If you wander too close or too far the camera will lose you as it will not tilt to keep you in the frame.

To get the Breeze to follow you you must have location services active on your phone so the breeze can follow the phone's GPS location. Breeze Cam also needs permission to access location services. Once you connect to the Breeze and enter the Follow Me mode, change from the Eye icon to the Double Right Arrow icon to enter Smart Follow Me mode. It helps to have the Breeze at least 10 feet up and 30 feet out so it can keep you in view of the camera more easily.

I've done all of the above. The only thing is I don't think I was 30 ft out. I'll have to give that another try again when the weather warms up to above 70's. We're wimps in Arizona when it comes to the cold. It was high 50's and my hands were freezing. LOL!

I’ve been struggling with follow me mode also. I do know to select gps. But usually I only get rotation like in camera mode. I did try today at higher height and further standoff, and I did get the bird to follow me and was excited. But I passed behind a tree and some branches which should not have affected gps mode but it stopped following me. When I turned around and came back fully visible then it started to rotate on me again. It’s like it really wants to use the camera mode more than gps, but gos signals appear all good

Reactions: MDR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots