Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Not So Smart Mode

Reaction score
Just got my Q500. The first couple times I flew it was great. I'm a beginner so I'm experimenting with the different modes. Lately I've noticed in Smart Mode no matter which way you move the stick, the drone will not go in that direction. Forward is Left, Right is forward etc. Doesn't seem to matter which way the drone faces the right stick offers a complete surprise. The left stick however seems fine in Smart mode and everything seems to work properly in Angle mode and Return To Home. It is my understanding that in Smart mode Left is always left and Right is always right regardless of which direction the drone is facing. Am I doing something wrong? Does it need compass calibration? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
NO. that is the way it is suppose to act.
It puts the aircraft in what is also known as HEADLESS mode.
No matter which way the nose is pointed, forward stick will move the aircraft AWAY from you, Left will move it left, etc.

That's what I thought. But that isn't what it does. Push forward and the drone goes right push right the drone goes back. How do I reset it to respond correctly to the stick?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio