Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Number of Satellites

Reaction score
Last night I was setting up to launch a Typhoon H480. The UAV Forecast App was saying "Not Good To Fly" and had "Sats Locked" highlighted in red at 10.8. The ST-16 was reading 11 and so was the drone.

I figured it was safe but the drones motors wouldn't start. When the number of satellites for the drone went to 12 I was able to start the motors. I was in Angle Mode and I've looked through the manual and I'm not seeing anything that says you need a minimum of 12 satellites to start the motors. Was this just a fluke or is it SOP? It took a really long time to get to 11 satellites and even longer to get to 12. What explains this issue?

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Last night I was setting up to launch a Typhoon H480. The UAV Forecast App was saying "Not Good To Fly" and had "Sats Locked" highlighted in red at 10.8. The ST-16 was reading 11 and so was the drone.

I figured it was safe but the drones motors wouldn't start. When the number of satellites for the drone went to 12 I was able to start the motors. I was in Angle Mode and I've looked through the manual and I'm not seeing anything that says you need a minimum of 12 satellites to start the motors. Was this just a fluke or is it SOP? It took a really long time to get to 11 satellites and even longer to get to 12. What explains this issue?

I wish I knew.
Sometimes I have trouble acquiring enough satellites also.

I remember one time I could not acquire satellites so I moved the Drone to a different position off the concrete where there may have been rebar or whatever and then I acquired them.

Even though you had 11 or 12 did it say ready on the
controller?
Keith Kuhn

I've looked through the manual and I'm not seeing anything that says you need a minimum of 12 satellites
Are you using the updated manual available here in the Forum.

I agree with @NWSaint, although I wait for at least 15 sats on the aircraft and 12 on the controller. The length of time it takes to acquire satellites depends on the location and a clear view of the sky in all directions. The GPS antenna on the ST16 is located below the screen near the bottom of the controller, so your body can easily block the view of the sky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone