Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

OBS. Avoidance has failed!

Reaction score
Dim, I know but I want to check what this means exactly...
a7f5f4f98ab711a6947eed86fb32b3f3.jpg

(Apart from Phil Spencer being in it)

How does the obvs work. It has real sense installed also? On this occasion, I will admit, I was draining the batteries for storage, but it does it a lot in the field.

I don't understand obstacle avoidance essentially. Yuneec manuals are... Cra... Shi... Not that great... TBH

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Dim, I know but I want to check what this means exactly...
a7f5f4f98ab711a6947eed86fb32b3f3.jpg

(Apart from Phil Spencer being in it)

I have seen that a lot after switching between different saved models and in that case it indicates that the controller needs to be re-bound to the H. When I have got this warning I have also not been receiving telemetry back from the H (no battery voltage, GPS status, etc). Go into advanced settings --> Binding menu and see if shows you are bound to the Typhoon H.

I have seen that a few times from the very beginning on both of mine. Sometimes it is from when I forget to put it back into single mode from team mode, other times if the obs avoid switch is in the on position it will give a failure, other times its just random and I restart the aircraft. It doesn't seem to affect anything once it goes away and it has never happened in flight (knock on wood.)

Rebinding seems to work for me. Turning it off and on again doesn't fix it - just rebinding

You cannot turn on OA with RealSense until you are at least 10 ft in the air. It looks like you're getting the warning on a table indoors.

Also do NOT try to land with OA and RealSense on. The TH will NOT go below 15-20 ft in the air.

The Yuneec manuals are almost useless.

There are several manuals written by pilots on this site that are far more helpful and detailed. I tend to favor one written by Charles Ogren.

typhoon-h-user-manual-vcho3-1-pdf.15536

Last edited:
Reading and learning from a 2 year old post is great, but posting to it brings it back to the top of the heap and unless you look at the dates of the post most think it a recent topic.

I’ve caught myself posting a reply to an OP that hasn’t been active for two years because someone posts to the thread. I then delete the post I started because it has no relevance after that length of time other than as a reference for knowledge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin