Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ogden Reservoir

Love the location!

Are you locking your white balance?

Also, are you shooting in raw and color grading or shooting in a standard mode?

Love the location!

Are you locking your white balance?

Also, are you shooting in raw and color grading or shooting in a standard mode?
For a recreational flight like this one I don't normally lock white balance but always do some colour grading. The only thing I set is the shutter speed then I tinker around in post production with the colour balance (in the case of the above video I set +30 on the vibrancy and +10 for saturation).

In other videos depending on the light conditions I set the shutter speed accordingly and use different values for vibrancy and saturation though occasionally may introduce some values to other setting like exposure etc. For example, in my Buckstones video I posted the other day, for a section of the video I toned down the brightness and exposure.

For my paid work (that I don't post here) I am a bit more professional since someone else is paying me to be so.

Last edited:
For a recreational flight like this one I don't normally lock white balance but always do some colour grading. The only thing I set is the shutter speed then I tinker around in post production with the colour balance (in the case of the above video I set +30 on the vibrancy and +10 for saturation).

In other videos depending on the light conditions I set the shutter speed accordingly and use different values for vibrancy and saturation though occasionally may introduce some values to other setting like exposure etc. For example, in my Buckstones video I posted the other day, for a section of the video I toned down the brightness and exposure.

For my paid work (that I don't post here) I am a bit more professional since someone else is paying me to be so.
Okay, I had a feeling the WB wasn't locked as the grass would look hunter green in some scenes and wintergreen in others. It didn't hurt the footage, it's just nice to know I am starting to spot things like this. As a newbie, I'm trying to get away from just leaving things on standard/generic settings to actually get the image I'm aiming for.

Curious, what video editor do you use - professionally or otherwise?

Okay, I had a feeling the WB wasn't locked as the grass would look hunter green in some scenes and wintergreen in others. It didn't hurt the footage, it's just nice to know I am starting to spot things like this. As a newbie, I'm trying to get away from just leaving things on standard/generic settings to actually get the image I'm aiming for.

Curious, what video editor do you use - professionally or otherwise?
Filmora 11. Historically, Filmora was a pretty basic budget editor (though with an easy learning curve), but in the last couple of years and particularly with recent upgrading it has become quite useful to the point that I use it exclusively now. I've just upgraded it to Filmora 11 and am just now learning to use some new features.

Incidentally, Up until a week ago I had gone several months since my last flight. I had a stroke 2 years ago and my general health has been up and down since then. I'm on an 'up' at the moment and hope to take on some pro jobs in the coming weeks.

Filmora 11. Historically, Filmora was a pretty basic budget editor (though with an easy learning curve), but in the last couple of years and particularly with recent upgrading it has become quite useful to the point that I use it exclusively now. I've just upgraded it to Filmora 11 and am just now learning to use some new features.

Incidentally, Up until a week ago I had gone several months since my last flight. I had a stroke 2 years ago and my general health has been up and down since then. I'm on an 'up' at the moment and hope to take on some pro jobs in the coming weeks.
I hope and pray for you mate that all will be well

Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval