Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

OH The Horror!

Reaction score
I have been flying my H every day during the lock down. It was my bit of sanity in a crazy world. Today I had my bird up at 50 feet and then lost all power. CRASH into a million pieces. Camera, both landing gear, 3 prop arm completely destroyed. My question is should I buy another 480H or is there something else you could recommend?

Thank you.

P.S. Really bummed out

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I have been flying my H every day during the lock down. It was my bit of sanity in a crazy world. Today I had my bird up at 50 feet and then lost all power. CRASH into a million pieces. Camera, both landing gear, 3 prop arm completely destroyed. My question is should I buy another 480H or is there something else you could recommend?

Thank you.

P.S. Really bummed out
I'm on my 3rd H after 2 crashes in 3 years.
My current H480 is a used one bought in eBay.
I have since crashed it, but I had enough salvage parts to repair it.
The 480H is a good modular design.
Full disclose, All the crashes were my fault.
-Bill

Thank you.

P.S. Really bummed out
@Socaljj I have had the H480 Pro (sold it) and have an H480 that I picked up reconditioned and did a Peau 3.97 lens mod on the CGO3+. I still love the way the H flies and the 4K video is decent with the upgraded lens. With that said ... I picked up an EVO in late 2018. Great little drone for the money. Unfortunately Yuneec is pretty much history and parts are going to get harder to find.. I would suggest getting something that can be sent to a dealer/mfgr to be repaired if you are not into doing yourself. The EVO1 shoots 4K 60fps and has excellent video quality. It is much quicker to get into the air than the H480...however when they first came out they were the closest competitor DJI had at the time. If the H+ would have been a bit more refined it would have been a great platform with the 1" sensor.

Thank you.

P.S. Really bummed out

1st off, "Oh the Horror", an Apocolypse Now ref ????.. my guess is yes.. LoL!

2nd: pilot error from what I understand it is just that, pilot error, go back, figure out where you went wrong and when you figure it out..

.. IMO, nothing beats the "H".. it's a very well balanced machine, treat it as such.. treat it like an Enzo!

ferrari-enzo-black-spotted-paris-10.jpg

NW.

The seller does not have a great feedback some stuff not working no refunds being returned so I would be cautious

The seller does not have a great feedback some stuff not working no refunds being returned so I would be cautious

Thomas:

"The Seller", meaning from the link that I put up ????

Tell me your kidding.. those guys have been nothing but great!.. I had 2 issues since Feb. , they took care of both of them, no charge.. without going into detail, I had a gut feeling the issues were my fault, but it didn't matter, they took care of it.. & just ftr..

.. so again, them guys are gold.. not sure what your seeing, but as far as i'm concerned they're my card under the sleeve, all day (meaning: a hidden gem)!

NW.

Thank you.

P.S. Really bummed out

That's a tuff call.
I only say that cuz mine is still flying.
But if I were you I would think
Autel Evo 2
I love my H and I have had many mishaps. Under Warranty and not.
Good Customer Service is
No longer with Yuneec.
Your Call.
Keep us posted.
Keith Kuhn

Here is their not so good feedback but if your happy that's all that matters and as Keith says autel Evo 2 I think unless yuneec get back in the game with their products I will look at that route aswell I use autel car diagnostic stuff and can't fault their customers sevice aswell as their products Screenshot_20200817-183007.jpegScreenshot_20200817-183017.jpeg

Thank you.

P.S. Really bummed out
what would you take for the camera pieces?

Here is their not so good feedback but if your happy that's all that matters and as Keith says autel Evo 2 I think unless yuneec get back in the game with their products I will look at that route aswell I use autel car diagnostic stuff and can't fault their customers sevice aswell as their products View attachment 22966View attachment 22967

He’s at over 4400 sales and a 98.2% relative approval rating, so...I’m not defending him, just saying his feedback has to be taken in conjunction with his overall sales. Ideally you want someone with 100% feedback but there are a lot of knuckleheads on eBay, both buyers and sellers. Some don’t understand the product they’re buying and think something doesn’t work, when in actuality it’s not the case.

Just something to add..

Reactions: NWSaint
Well I ordered a new 480H from bilbot.v.cat. I bought the first one from them (had to return cause the camera fell off on maiden flight. No problems) and the replacement had over 500 flights so getting a new one was a no brainer. I chose the H as it is a great platform for me. I like that it is visible due to it's size. And if past history is any indication I shall be getting my money's worth from the new one.

what would you take for the camera pieces?
Make me an offer. I found that he camera works. The ball works in the vertical BUT the horizontal movement is toast (shaft is bent) also one of the dampers broke off at the middle and need attention.

Here is their not so good feedback but if your happy that's all that matters and as Keith says autel Evo 2 I think unless yuneec get back in the game with their products I will look at that route aswell I use autel car diagnostic stuff and can't fault their customers sevice aswell as their products View attachment 22966View attachment 22967

Thomas:

& just ftr, how many of those neg's referred directly to the TY-480-H ??

Answer= ZERO!

.. not tryin' to beef with ya, but ****, if you're gonna call out, then at least deal with the product at hand, not watches and what-not.. smh.. I mean I get your tryin' your best homework to put my guys at bilbot.v.cat. down, but really, the truth is them guys are GOLD!.. if not I wouldn't even think about posting a link.. all they've ever done is treat me with the best cust. support & respect, not to mention not charging me a single dime for both instances, that were again, my fault.. crazy times, off-the-wall quotes.. smh.. no offense, but goodnight!

NW.

When I purchase from eBay I look at all the sellers feedback not just for the item am looking at buying I was only helping the guy out so before you come on and try roasting me regards to how I tried to help the guy if the seller has bad feedback for his other products then it's a red flag for me and especially if your buying a H from them am not wanting to play text tennis on this I posted up to help the guy out so that's all I am going to say on this
Thomas:

& just ftr, how many of those neg's referred directly to the TY-480-H ??

Answer= ZERO!

.. not tryin' to beef with ya, but ****, if you're gonna call out, then at least deal with the product at hand, not watches and what-not.. smh.. I mean I get your tryin' your best homework to put my guys at bilbot.v.cat. down, but really, the truth is them guys are GOLD!.. if not I wouldn't even think about posting a link.. all they've ever done is treat me with the best cust. support & respect, not to mention not charging me a single dime for both instances, that were again, my fault.. crazy times, off-the-wall quotes.. smh.. no offense, but goodnight!

NW.

I got my first H pro from .cat .. no problems as it was billed as a factory overhaul. worked perfect out of the box ( landing gear need a bit of coaxing but works good now ) .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1