Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

OK It's me AGAIN..... the saga of the beeping....

Reaction score
So... My new camera and gimbal for my Q5004K works fantastic! Just have to wait for mother nature to quit having a sh*t fit out there so I can get out and take some great photos and video of the aftermath of the blizzard that hit us.

But my subject line says... "the saga of the beeping...." What???

Well I'm glad you asked.... :) For those of you who have giving me such great advice in attempting to fix my other camera/gimbal... Again I thank you.... I even took it to a shop for solder repair but that didn't work.

What I did do was go and purchase a new gimbal board (thanks for the website to find it btw - much appreciated).

I unplugged the old board and replaced it with the new one, plugging in how the old board was hooked up.

HOWEVER.... it's still beeping the same sequence and me'thinks it is because I have the plugs in the wrong slots... :oops:

Is there anyone on here that can give me a dumbed down detailed version of which plug goes where.... and how do I figure it out??? All the wires come through together... (Really Yuneec... you should colour code the wiring for people like me...... just sayin' :confused: )

Did I mention how much I've really appreciated all the help so far :D

So... My new camera and gimbal for my Q5004K works fantastic! Just have to wait for mother nature to quit having a sh*t fit out there so I can get out and take some great photos and video of the aftermath of the blizzard that hit us.

But my subject line says... "the saga of the beeping...." What???

Well I'm glad you asked.... :) For those of you who have giving me such great advice in attempting to fix my other camera/gimbal... Again I thank you.... I even took it to a shop for solder repair but that didn't work.

What I did do was go and purchase a new gimbal board (thanks for the website to find it btw - much appreciated).

I unplugged the old board and replaced it with the new one, plugging in how the old board was hooked up.

HOWEVER.... it's still beeping the same sequence and me'thinks it is because I have the plugs in the wrong slots... :oops:

Is there anyone on here that can give me a dumbed down detailed version of which plug goes where.... and how do I figure it out??? All the wires come through together... (Really Yuneec... you should colour code the wiring for people like me...... just sayin' :confused: )

Did I mention how much I've really appreciated all the help so far :D

hi Cranky!

I don't have a Q, but I checked Google anyway. This link has a lot of images that might help. There is also a YouTube video talking about gimbal repair.

Hope this might help to at least get on the right track.

Jeff

Sorry, but you can not change the gimbal board. The old original board is "married" with the camera.
This programming which is needed for an exchanging is only supported by yuneec.cn

If you still have beeps, it is possible one of the sensors are corrupted.

The attached is the beeping sequence.
Sorry, but you can not change the gimbal board. The old original board is "married" with the camera.
This programming which is needed for an exchanging is only supported by yuneec.cn

If you still have beeps, it is possible one of the sensors are corrupted.

OK... I probably called it the wrong board....I've attached a picture of what I changed out since it was the culprit that had many wires soldered back on.

I've watched that video but he only mentions one beep sequence type and it's not the sequence mine is making.
I tried uploading the short video of the beeping sequence but the site won't let me for some reason.

Attachments

• 20170312_143446.jpg
    20170312_143446.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 32
Beep codes from another forum

2 long beeps and 2 short beeps

Ok cgo3. Aboop is .5 sec small beep is .1 sec

Beep beep beep sbeep is the yaw sensor
Beep beep beep sbeep sbeep is the roll sensor
I cant find this sensor yet its in the camera so it would be in yours
Beep beep beep beep sbeep sbeep sbeep is the (?) sensor.

Unlike the cgo2 if a mortor failes rhere are no beeps.

Sory im not more help.

So yours sounds like the roll sensor. Hope this helps. I haven't had to get into mine yet (knock on wood)

Reactions: Cranky Trapper
You can not just change the board, there is a lot more to it then just that, wedbster called it from the start. Yuneec has to perform their magic to make it all work. You were better off to buy a new camera as many before you have done so.

No I wasn't able to repair it. It sits on my bench and mocks me daily. :(

Hmm...I don't know if you are a writer, but I do know you read a lot.

What purpose does the aerator in your water thing serve?

In Texas those mockinjays are used for target practice.

Hmm...I don't know if you are a writer, but I do know you read a lot.

What purpose does the aerator in your water thing serve?

In Texas those mockinjays are used for target practice.

It helps remove the dissolved gasses such as carbon dioxide. Helps keep it fresh since it's standing water.

We have magpies that are great for target practice .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin