Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Old question

Reaction score
I know this an old discussion but couldn't find on the previous threads. The old bulge in the batteries deal. I have one that actually charged up until the end but bloats. I have at least 4 that do this. History time? Done for?

Discharge, and in the bin. One lesson learned if you haven't already, get a good 3rd party charger and leads, capable of reading IR, the original charger is rubbish, and read as much as you can on LiPo care.

Reactions: 7cyclops and PatR
I thought so but I missed that thread but hoped the magic fix_it God would help. I have batteries.

Although I just bought a battery adaptor for my cg02+ steady grip,and I currently have about 1 hour in camera time on it,and am going to see how low I can draw it down.Battery was one of yuneec originals a little swollen high r 1 cell over 20.We will seeEH! Keith

I thought so but I missed that thread but hoped the magic fix_it God would help. I have batteries.
FYI: The puffing is caused by out-gassing from the cells internal chemistry.
That separates the layers which decreases max current and mAh capacity.
Any attempt to re-compress the layers will likely rupture the seal or cause catastrophic problems.
At best you will have a spectacular YouTube video.
Proper charging, use, & storage is the only prevention.

Sorry again but best way for storage. I know this is redundant for you guys but go easy on me.

I try no to let my batteries sit for more than 1 or 2 days max,on full charge. Then I use my venom duo pro to storage cycle. Aoutmatically puts every cell to 3.8 volts Keith.Never hurts anyone when you ask.

Sorry again but best way for storage. I know this is redundant for you guys but go easy on me.
As with many questions, Google can be your friend.
"Proper storage voltage for a LiPo is 3.85V per cell."
I personally store them at 3.9v per cell. (So far, so good)

FYI: The puffing is caused by out-gassing from the cells internal chemistry.
That separates the layers which decreases max current and mAh capacity.
Any attempt to re-compress the layers will likely rupture the seal or cause catastrophic problems.
At best you will have a spectacular YouTube video.
Proper charging, use, & storage is the only prevention.
Yes excess oxygen is what causes the swell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval