Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Old Typhoon H batteries on new Typhoon H Plus ?

Reaction score
Like title says, is it possible to use old typhoon H batteries on new Typhoon H Plus ?
I mean, I watched youtube video where guy used typhoon H batteries on H520 and it worked.
And it not only worked but while batteries on typhoon H lasted about 18 minutes, the same old typhoon H battery worked on H520 for 25 minutes.

Nevertheless I need confirmation from you guys that old Typhoon H battery will work on Typhoon H plus without problems.

Yes, the H batteries will work but the percentage readout will not be correct. Don't use any batteries that you think may be marginal. They should be in top condition.

Reactions: oliver
Give us the link, I would love to see this
Like title says, is it possible to use old typhoon H batteries on new Typhoon H Plus ?
I mean, I watched youtube video where guy used typhoon H batteries on H520 and it worked.
And it not only worked but while batteries on typhoon H lasted about 18 minutes, the same old typhoon H battery worked on H520 for 25 minutes.

Nevertheless I need confirmation from you guys that old Typhoon H battery will work on Typhoon H plus without problems.

Maybe not. Because we make a comparison, we try to do it on bases that are fair.
This is not the case here.
The H520 is 1633 gr. empty, + 275 gr. E50 is 1908 gr. in flight.
The H is 1900 gr. empty, + 275 gr. C23 is 2175 gr. in flight.
267 gr. of weight plays a lot on the flight time in favor of the H520.
Namely the consumption of the old brushless H compared to the H520.
So that's a completely bogus comparison.

The H + (without realsense) is 1900 gr., The camera 275 gr. a total of 2175 gr. which is the same weight as the old H so do not believe in miracles.

Last edited:
Model from the video is old Typhoon H with CGO3+ and not C23. And Typhoon H with CGO3+ and battery is 1900 gr, approx the same as H520. The sam is with typhoon H Plus, I just checked on official Yuneec website specs.

I don't know how that's possible as the H batteries have pins in the middle but the H Plus use all blades in the connector.

As I understand it is not possible to charge old battery with new Typhoon H plus charger, but you can plug-in battery and it seems they are working inside H+ and H520

I don't know how that's possible as the H batteries have pins in the middle but the H Plus use all blades in the connector.
Pixelzombie,anDxer,
It has been on this forum before, you can use any battery in any of the H series UAV'S . This is because the outer pins are the ones that engage inside of the UAV , not the balance pins or slots inside of the negative and positive flat pins for power to the UAV. I have used all in my 480 and also a 520. The different pins you are talking about are the balance pins and this stops you from using the incorrect charger,as they won't make contact and you get a false reading but the H 520 and the H Plus are high voltage batteries and require a higher charge voltage. Please use the magnifine Glass and do a search before posting this stuff that has already been discussed and the thread also has plenty of photos to see the difference. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass. M

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval