Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

One of my batteries went Tango Uniform

Reaction score
With gorgeous weather we had today, I had to get the Breeze out. Took out the foam spacer, slid the battery in, and held the power button. Nothing. I figured the battery discharged since I haven't flown in a couple of weeks. Swapped batteries and plunked the dead one in the charger and went out to fly. Run through the battery and after about 45 minutes, grabbed the other from the charger. Still dead as a door nail. Have a warranty claim open (very quick and friendly response!). Any one know where the serial number is?

Yuneec replied that they only waranty accessories for 30 days. For something as integral as a battery, that is ridiculous. I hope that they will take care of me, but I am beyond the 30 day window. I purchased the drone on 12/29/ and received it like 1/3. It's been flown 3 times and each battery has been fully charged 3 times and stored.

I have my boss ready to pay for my part 107 license and have requested funds in next year's budget for a drone (was looking at Typhoon w/ Realsense). But if they won't stand behind a product for longer than 30 days, I'll take my business elsewhere where they take care of their customers.

Yuneec is not going to cover the dead battery. 30 days is ridiculous. I am upset. The Breeze will be my first and last Yuneec product. If I could recoup most of my money, it would be sold today. Very disappointed at Yuneec's terrible policy.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Bear in mind we are not Yuneec and do not represent Yuneec.
I hope you have better luck in the future.

Rayjay,

I understand that this is an independent forum. I want my experience to be documented for potential purchasers of the Breeze, because Yuneec's policy regarding batteries and accessories is by far the least generous of all major drone manufacturers. I was flabbergasted to find out that batteries and accessories are warrantied only for a month, especially considering Yuneec seems to offer excellent service otherwise.

Reactions: Bullhorn1976
Yuneec replied that they only waranty accessories for 30 days. For something as integral as a battery, that is ridiculous. I hope that they will take care of me, but I am beyond the 30 day window. I purchased the drone on 12/29/ and received it like 1/3. It's been flown 3 times and each battery has been fully charged 3 times and stored.

I have my boss ready to pay for my part 107 license and have requested funds in next year's budget for a drone (was looking at Typhoon w/ Realsense). But if they won't stand behind a product for longer than 30 days, I'll take my business elsewhere where they take care of their customers.

Some credit cards will double your Warranty. Mine does. But I agree... that sucks!

Me too! 30 days is Bravo Sierra! We shall see tomorrow when I call them.

I took Breeze #2 up for a Test Flight today. I didn't lose WiFi and took it out to about 65 meters with no signal loss. The only bummer is that one of the batteries went "Tango Uniform" while waiting in the closet. I saw in another (THIS) thread that Yuneec claims their Warranty only covers batteries for 30 days. They better not try that B/S with me since this thing was F---ed Up from day one and they had it for about 30 days including a week shipping each way.

Hope I don't need to use the American Express Purchase Protection and/or Warranty Extension plans. So far Yuneec Customer Service has been good to work with.

Me too! 30 days is Bravo Sierra! We shall see tomorrow when I call them.

I'm adding Bravo Sierra to my vocabulary! It seems like that I'm complaining about a $50 part, but I could see how this could become a vicious cycle. Battery dies, order a replacement, and it dies a couple of months later. No warranty to fall back on. I'm considering throwing the Breeze on Craigslist and washing my hands of Yuneec. However, the Christian in me wouldn't feel right peddling my problem onto someone else.

Reactions: canno and FLYXLSA
I sent your a screen capture of your email to Yuneec. They said it was incorrect and directed me to a page on their website with the 1 month policy. They didn't even say anything beyond sorry, but no soup for you. This is my first and last Yuneec product.

Reactions: the1weasel
One (1) Year:
  • Typhoon Q500 4K
  • Typhoon H series
  • Breeze series
  • Refurbished products of these models
Six (6) months:
  • Typhoon Q500 G
  • Typhoon Q500+
  • Tornado
  • Ego Cruisers
  • Refurbished products of these models
One (1) month:
  • Batteries
  • All other accessories

Does Yuneec consider the controllers with the Typhoon to be accessories? That would be an expensive piece of kit to replace. That also means that the Bluetooth game pad for the Breeze is also only warrantied for a month. I hate to keep kicking a dead horse, but that is ridiculously stingy of Yuneec.

Reactions: FLYXLSA
That sucks! Heck 3DR is almost out of business and is still honoring warranties on their $299 Bestbuy Solo packages according to posts I'm reading.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Reactions: threewulfmoon
Does Yuneec consider the controllers with the Typhoon to be accessories? That would be an expensive piece of kit to replace. That also means that the Bluetooth game pad for the Breeze is also only warrantied for a month. I hate to keep kicking a dead horse, but that is ridiculously stingy of Yuneec.

Given that the Typhoon (and I'm assuming the Breeze) can't fly without the (proprietary) controller it would be a shock if the controller weren't covered under the 1-year warranty.
And, given how easy it is for consumers to screw up a LiPo battery (I'm not insinuating that the OP screwed up his battery), and that there's an increasing number of sources for those batteries, it's no surprise to me that it's got a short warranty. It's a consumable.

I'd crack that puppy open and diagnose the problem. Might just be a connector came loose.

I agree that batteries, especially LiPos, are tricky to use and maintain, but I treat my gear with kids gloves. I figure that if you expect your gear to take care of you, you need to take care of it. I also understand that most manufacturers buy their batteries from 3rd parties, but 30 days is too short. I would say 3 months with a set number of charging cycles (50 maybe?) would be appropriate.

When the battery is in the charger, it blinks blue, which means abnormal voltage on the battery. At this juncture I have little to lose, so I might crack it open for a look see.

I agree that batteries, especially LiPos, are tricky to use and maintain, but I treat my gear with kids gloves. I figure that if you expect your gear to take care of you, you need to take care of it. I also understand that most manufacturers buy their batteries from 3rd parties, but 30 days is too short. I would say 3 months with a set number of charging cycles (50 maybe?) would be appropriate.

When the battery is in the charger, it blinks blue, which means abnormal voltage on the battery. At this juncture I have little to lose, so I might crack it open for a look see.

Again, I didn't mean to imply you did anything wrong; just the nature of those little beasties.

Are you familiar with how the packs are put together? If you're lucky, "abnormal voltage" just means "loose connector."

Yuneec is sending a new Battery to me at no cost. My Breeze was purchased on 18 Jan 2017, sent back around the 24th and got back here on Monday, 28 Feb 2017. Not sure if I just got the right Customer Service person, but I'm not asking any further questions! Sorry about your misfortune TWM. I may dissect this battery since they don't want it back to see what's up. Perhaps that may help you with your issue if I find something amiss?

I might pop that baby open this weekend and take a look. I'm comfortable enough that I could fix any obvious problems that don't require a component replacement.

I'm glad they took care of you Fly. After all of your trouble, they should send you a couple gratis.

Oh BTW, just helped our Sheriff's Office purchase a Phantom 4 Professional. We are going to use it for photographing accident scenes for reconstruction. We currently take these pics from the bucket of an aerial ladder truck, so this is much better! A deputy and I are going to take a Part 107 exam prep course and then get our licenses. This could have been a Typhoon with Real Sense, but Yuneec left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I used a Spudger Tool. It doesn't open very easily and appears all connections are solid.IMG_9598.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech