Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

One rotor off- drone flew away and crushes on the ground

Reaction score
I just got my drone three days ago, I enjoyed flying it very much, but at some point right after taking off and lifting the landing gear,about 3 meters (10 feet) off the ground a warning message appear on the screen, it said that the 5th rotor is not functioning, and the drone went off all of a sudden to the left and down, and it crushed on the ground. It didn't react to any of my commands at that point. The result: the gimbal is detached from the drone- the small plastic parts that slides and hold the gimbal is broken, and 2 propellers broken. I have replaced the propellers, and I have tried to fly it without the gimbal, thinking that it was a case of a bent propeller, since there as no message on the screen when I started it. Take off fine about 3 meters (10 feet) off the ground and then the message appears again and the drone started acting like crazy. My colleague was able to catch it, with no other damage.
Now, it needs to be fixed, and it is not cheap, and it takes a lot of time either. What do you know, is the warranty covering a situation like this?
I like the drone very much, I think is the best on the market at this level, but a situation like this does not have me flying it comfortably anymore.
I understood that some people from Yuneec are members in this forum, maybe they give a piece of advice on the situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio