Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

One way to re-condition Breeze's battery

Reaction score
My experience.
When the charger's LED flashes blue color, that's abnormal charging, the charger won't charge the battery. The battery was likely unused for a long time, it discharged itself to too low voltage(s), or the battery was used to near 0% of battery level. That's when the charger design can't bring the voltages back to normal to flash blue LED.

The battery got 3 separate cells inside it to provide 3 separate voltages (5V, 9V, 12V) to power different electrical/electronic circuits inside the Breeze.

In my case when the charger's LED flashed blue, I found that the 12V cell was low, below 10V. I used an AC/DC (110VAC-12VDC) adapter for my external hard drive to re-condition the battery. The connection to re-condition was quite simple as shown in the pictures. After 1 hour, I took the battery out to insert it in the factory charger, it was rechargeable with normal LED flashing by the factory charger again.

The tip of the AC/DC adapter was +12DC. A small screwdriver was used to help connect the alligator clip to the +12VDC.

If you have a voltmeter, check out the 3 voltage levels to see which is too low to re-condition only that particular cell with the proper AC/DC adapter (5V, 9V or 12VDC).

Do it at your own risk.

Attachments

• YunBat1.jpg
    YunBat1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 355
  • YunBat2.jpg
    YunBat2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 294
  • YunBat3.jpg
    YunBat3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Reactions: Adro
I made my own balance plug & cable so that I can balance charge / storage the battery. I have four batteries so I actually made two of these cables. I can charge two at a time with 6-8A. I always charge / discharge my batteries to 3.85v / cell when they are not used.

I have never got any issues with my batteries.

Attachments

• IMG_2876.JPG
    IMG_2876.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_2877.JPG
    IMG_2877.JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2878.JPG
    IMG_2878.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 203
Is the connector proprietary? I’ve seen someone make a connector like this somewhere before - so I’m guessing the connector must be available..???

Is the connector proprietary? I’ve seen someone make a connector like this somewhere before - so I’m guessing the connector must be available..???
A couple of weeks ago a folk asked for fast charge tips, I showed him this DIY cable which I made a month and half ago. I made it using the plastic base of pin header and the four prongs in a female USB plug. The balance connector and the XT60 plug were things that I already had. I have been flown RC helicopters and airplanes so I have plenty of these. I charge my batteries using hobby grade chargers, such as iSDT Q6 Plus, iCharger 406DUO, or even iMAX B6AC.

This is a good idea. I fly RC planes (6S and 10S batteries, at 5200mah) and have good chargers, that charge and trace EACH cell of the 3, and keep charge voltages within .1V of each other. CellPro 10X as I recall - the charger name. I may do this too.. thanks for the idea.

My experience.
When the charger's LED flashes blue color, that's abnormal charging, the charger won't charge the battery. The battery was likely unused for a long time, it discharged itself to too low voltage(s), or the battery was used to near 0% of battery level. That's when the charger design can't bring the voltages back to normal to flash blue LED.

The battery got 3 separate cells inside it to provide 3 separate voltages (5V, 9V, 12V) to power different electrical/electronic circuits inside the Breeze.

In my case when the charger's LED flashed blue, I found that the 12V cell was low, below 10V. I used an AC/DC (110VAC-12VDC) adapter for my external hard drive to re-condition the battery. The connection to re-condition was quite simple as shown in the pictures. After 1 hour, I took the battery out to insert it in the factory charger, it was rechargeable with normal LED flashing by the factory charger again.

The tip of the AC/DC adapter was +12DC. A small screwdriver was used to help connect the alligator clip to the +12VDC.

If you have a voltmeter, check out the 3 voltage levels to see which is too low to re-condition only that particular cell with the proper AC/DC adapter (5V, 9V or 12VDC).

Do it at your own risk.
Thank you this was very helpful I'm glad someone shares this information! Thank you again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33