Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Oopsie

One thing you should NEVER DO is fly that low in a follow mode where you can not see what your drone is doing. Other than that, I hope the van owner has a good temperament.

After playing around with follow mode in a soccer field I wouldn't trust it anywhere it could run into obstacles and a public street is full of them, power lines, trees, cars, mailboxes and whatever else. It does OK following in a straight line but when you turn it will cut the corner as you can see in your video. When it cuts that corner it is going to hit something.

Reactions: the1weasel
Hello Weasel,
Whether you made a mistake or not get that video off youtube as soon as you can, the FAA monitors the video hosting sites and having a keyword like collision in the title is like bait and if they spot yours you may be in for some trouble. If you want proof you can find videos and articles by people who have been contacted.
Best Wishes'

Old Man Photographer

Reactions: Murray Martz
With respect, this shows really poor judgement. Call it bump, collision, crash, whatever; if there'd been people involved there would have been injuries — likely severe (drone props at head level) — no matter how fast the aircraft was moving and no matter how big it is. Walk face-first into the props sometime and tell me I'm wrong.

If "reasonable precautions" don't include the possibility of running into a car (or two, at low altitude in a parking lot no less), then they're worthless. It's your responsibility to ensure that your actions don't put people OR property at risk, so yes: you are wrong on that.

I appreciate the thrill of putting these things through their paces; we've all been there. I'd hope most operators would try new things out in areas where the only damage potential is to themselves or their aircraft.

For what it's worth, I'd advise you to pull that video entirely and find a local operator to show you the ropes.

Reactions: FLYXLSA
I don't know, common sense to me.. would mean not to fly it around vehicles or people. In Canada now.. we have to be so far away from people, animals and cars.

You wouldn't be too happy if someone crashed their drone into your house.. or your motorbike.. would you?

These are our new laws in Canada.. All I am saying basically, fly more responsibly, or else the US may put the same chokehold on the industry over there, as they did with us here. And these aren't "guidelines", if convicted, a $3000 fine comes with it.

Do not fly your drone

• higher than 90 m above the ground
  • closer than 75 m from buildings, vehicles, vessels, animals, people/crowds, etc.
  • closer than nine km from the centre of an aerodrome (any airport, heliport, seaplane base or anywhere that aircraft take-off and land)
  • within controlled or restricted airspace
  • within nine km of a forest fire
  • where it could interfere with police or first responders
  • at night or in clouds
  • if you can’t keep it in sight at all times
  • if you are not within 500 m of your drone
  • if your name, address, and telephone number are not clearly marked on your drone.

Last edited:
All I am saying basically, fly more responsibly, or else t
Dude, that makes this drone completely useless. It's designed specifically to be close to people. Do all of you fly the gigantic Typhoons? This thing has a geofence that will not allow it beyond like 250 feet reliably. I'm not sure I'm in the right forum.

Those bullets was supposed to start with "do not". :)

Basically, legally we are allowed to fly out in G airspace in the middle of empty cornfields.. if we find one. .lol Commercially those laws don't affect anyone/business owners.

Ah, now I see. Let me know this: how much does a "hobby" license cost vs. a commercial license?

It costs $5 to register your UAV, hobby or commercial, and it's not optional. There is no "hobby" license. If you want to do commercial operations you need an FAA remote pilot certificate.

There's no license, registration or certificate, however, that makes it OK to put other people's property or bodies at risk without their express consent. There are rules (above and beyond basic common sense) that apply to both hobbyists and commercial operators. Everyone who flies a UAV beyond their backyard is well advised to look them up.

There are a lot of folks out there who'd like to see personal UAV use go away in this country, and it's actions and publicly posted videos like yours that make it an easy target.

I'll shut up now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval