Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Orange Hoops!

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
With the flaming success of the orange 520 body transplant on my Plus, it quickly became obvious to my eye that my old standard yellow prop tips would just not look right on the flying pumpkin. So I decided to try orange tips, a rather radical departure from tradition I must say. And one I approached with reluctance and trepidation mind you!:oops:

Even after the paint was dry and I was mounting them, they were looking rather loud and I worried they might be a bit too much. I know, some of you are thinking "How could ANYTHING be too much for the mad doctor?", right? Well if you're like most people, you probably have your limits, and I know I do.

Well as soon as I armed the motors and those babies started spinning, I was dazzled by the wild display of the florescent orange hoops! Even on an overcast day I could have used a some sunglasses!:cool:

If you're like me, and I know I am, you'll be dazzled too! Or should that be bedazzled 2? :rolleyes:

P1050226.JPG

So now I'm curious, how many others paint their prop tips besides @Chefinthesky? I must say that after the intimidating experience having to pull the battery out a struggling H Plus during a "Hand Catch from Hėll", I would never fly without them!!

Really cool look but does it affect flight in any way ?
Nope not at all. I always use a prop balancer and there has never been an issue in all the years I have been flying with props. If painted evenly it wont effect air flow or balance.

With the flaming success of the orange 520 body transplant on my Plus, it quickly became obvious to my eye that my old standard yellow prop tips would just not look right on the flying pumpkin. So I decided to try orange tips, a rather radical departure from tradition I must say. And one I approached with reluctance and trepidation mind you!:oops:

Even after the paint was dry and I was mounting them, they were looking rather loud and I worried they might be a bit too much. I know, some of you are thinking "How could ANYTHING be too much for the mad doctor?", right? Well if you're like most people, you probably have your limits, and I know I do.

Well as soon as I armed the motors and those babies started spinning, I was dazzled by the wild display of the florescent orange hoops! Even on an overcast day I could have used a some sunglasses!:cool:

If you're like me, and I know I am, you'll be dazzled too! Or should that be bedazzled 2? :rolleyes:

View attachment 13707

So now I'm curious, how many others paint their prop tips besides @Chefinthesky? I must say that after the intimidating experience having to pull the battery out a struggling H Plus during a "Hand Catch from Hėll", I would never fly without them!!

Now, if you can get them to change colors while in flight... wait... that might be a bit much. All kinds of calls to the authorities might result, especially if within 100 miles of any type of landing strip.

:p:D:eek:

wait... that might be a bit much. All kinds of calls to the authorities might result, especially if within 100 miles of any type of landing strip.
Not to mention there'd be wide spread reports of UFOs!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
Looks cool to me. How about a splash of white in the middle.
Not a bad idea. I was thinking about sticking a 4" dried Pumpkin stem right smack in the middle! Anyone know what kind of adhesive would stick to plastic and a pumpkin stem? It'll need to be pretty strong to not get blown off my the prop wash?:confused:

Not a bad idea. I was thinking about sticking a 4" dried Pumpkin stem right smack in the middle! Anyone know what kind of adhesive would stick to plastic and a pumpkin stem? It'll need to be pretty strong to not get blown off my the prop wash?:confused:

E6000 it sticks water to air. Takes 24 hours to set completely. As strong as the bond is you can still remove the pieces and remove any trace of it if you change your mind.

Also, I suggest installing the stem in such a manner as to not cause asymmetrical airflow that might adversely affect the handling. Installation in the wrong orientation might induce unacceptable yaw variations across the entire flight envelope. This might be counteracted by the operator wearing a small propeller beanie while flying along with a bright orange vest with the words "FAA Certified Wingnut" across the back o_O

Good point! This is why I plan on attaching it so it arcs back toward the rear. More importantly it will give me a handy carrying handle, and even allow me to pick it up with the motors running! Should also come in handy next time I need to pull the battery from a running Plus that won't shut down!:oops:

Have you seen the new Uvify 4X4 X drone. That's a UFO sighting if I have ever seen one with the 16 strobes and 100 mph LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430