Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

POI/Orbit

RPR

Reaction score
Hello Gang,

I have been trying to do an orbit/POI via intelligent mode, but I have been unsuccessful. Can someone guide me on how to properly do an orbit?

UPDATE 4/21/19: ORBIT/POI SMART FEATURE

Last edited:
Explained on page 43 of the attached manual.

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.7.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 9
I’m not sure that the control stick diagram is completely correct. The instructions say to use the right stick (roll) to determine direction of orbit at the start which is correct, but if the TH+ operates the same as the TH the right stick increases speed if moved in the direction of rotation and decreases speed if moved opposite to direction of rotation.

Just something to watch for when you get it orbiting you (and the ST-16S you are holding).

Explained on page 43 of the attached manual.

Thanks, Steve,

The manual is pretty straight forward. Fly over the POI at least above 2M or higher (check) Move out of the center to create a radius (check)
Problem is mine does not want to start the mission.

Just something to watch for when you get it orbiting you (and the ST-16S you are holding).

Sorry for the confusion, I meant POI (got use to calling it Orbit, due to DJI)

The manual is pretty straight forward. Fly over the POI at least above 2M or higher (check) Move out of the center to create a radius (check)
Problem is mine does not want to start the mission.
Same here! I get all the ducks in a row, set my POI position, pull out to the correct distance, hit start, move the stick, and it just sits there making me look stupid, like I'm missing something. Which I always thought was the case because I am, and I usually do, so I never brought it up on the forum for fear of humiliation and mass public ridicule! Now that @RPR has stepped forward and said something, then I'm coming out of the closet and speaking up too, yeah #me too!?

However Orbit Me does work just fine, but why the heck would anyone, including myself, want to look at a video of that??

Once you click Start for the POI, have you tried holding the right stick foe two seconds or more in the direction you want to circle the subject? The directions for the Orbit mode mention that for changing speed of rotation, so it may be the same for a POI.

If you get it started you should be able to control height, distance of orbit, and speed while flying the POI.

Just got back from the field (gorgeous sunset and a warm moonlit night here in SF Bay Area btw)

I did the orbit (check) it works fine, tried out poi again. On build 784 nothing happened, quickly updated to 822, reread the revised manual, nothing seems to work. But only figuring out that the naked TH Plus is liking build 822, with the exception of me getting an ultrasonic error messages :)

Once you click Start for the POI, have you tried holding the right stick foe two seconds or more in the direction you want to circle the subject? The directions for the Orbit mode mention that for changing speed of rotation, so it may be the same for a POI.

If you get it started you should be able to control height, distance of orbit, and speed while flying the POI.
I have used POI with the H480 many times and it works like a champ (except it's usually off center). Like so many other features in the Plus, things are different enough that just slightest nuance will prevent the feature from working like it did on the H480, I could name all the features so far, but I don't want to bore you, because it is basically all of them! I'm sure we aren't holding our tongue or lips in the right position when we imitate the Task. Trouble is, like Team Mode, they forgot to tell you in the manual that there is an added step.

I have used POI with the H480 many times and it works like a champ (except it's usually off center). Like so many other features in the Plus, things are different enough that just slightest nuance will prevent the feature from working like it did on the H480, I could name all the features so far, but I don't want to bore you, because it is basically all of them! I'm sure we aren't holding our tongue or lips in the right position. Trouble is, like Team Mode, they forgot to tell you in the manual that this is an added step.

Man! I searched in YouTube for solutions and ever search leads to the H480.. [emoji23] and nothing for the TH Minus.

Same here! I get all the ducks in a row, set my POI position, pull out to the correct distance, hit start, move the stick, and it just sits there making me look stupid, like I'm missing something. Which I always thought was the case because I am, and I usually do, so I never brought it up on the forum for fear of humiliation and mass public ridicule! Now that @RPR has stepped forward and said something, then I'm coming out of the closet and speaking up too, yeah #me too![emoji34]

However Orbit Me does work just fine, but why the heck would anyone, including myself, want to look at a video of that?[emoji47]

Prolly to see what someone coming out of the closet looks like[emoji49][emoji6]

Realistically, we’re in the “selfie” generation where many seem to think everyone really cares where they are and what they’re doing.

Reactions: AH-1G
Well. there is a generation that's "All about me". self-centered, lazy, know-it-all and list goes on.

Hello Gang,

I have been trying to do an orbit/POI via intelligent mode, but I have been unsuccessful. Can someone guide me on how to properly do an orbit?
I had the same problem. Try holding the left stick all the way forward for 2 seconds after you hit the slider to initiate POI. That solved the problem for me.

I had the same problem. Try holding the left stick all the way forward for 2 seconds after you hit the slider to initiate POI. That solved the problem for me.

Thank you, sir

Well. there is a generation that's "All about me". self-centered, lazy, know-it-all and list goes on.

Prolly to see what someone coming out of the closet looks like[emoji49][emoji6]

Realistically, we’re in the “selfie” generation where many seem to think everyone really cares where they are and what they’re doing.

This is probably why POI doesn’t work. Thanks, y’all.

• Haha
Reactions: AH-1G
@RPR and @DCH

There has got to be some small thing keeping this from working. You both say the Orbit mode is working just fine, so the basic functionality has got to be there.

Fly above object of interest.

Tilt camera 90 degrees down and center over object.

Enter POI mode and set Center Point.

Back off at least 8 meters and be at least 2 meters above takeoff point and set your desired camera angle.

Press Start then move right stick left or right to begin rotation around the object (this may be where a problem lies - the diagram for Orbit on the TH+ shows right stick left to increase speed and right to decrease speed - this is different than the H480)

You may need to hold the right stick in position for at least 2 seconds to get it to start the rotation.

Yes I am grabbing at straws and can’t afford $2000 to be a beta tester:mad:

Reactions: RPR
@RPR and @DCH

There has got to be some small thing keeping this from working. You both say the Orbit mode is working just fine, so the basic functionality has got to be there.

Fly above object of interest.

Tilt camera 90 degrees down and center over object.

Enter POI mode and set Center Point.

Back off at least 8 meters and be at least 2 meters above takeoff point and set your desired camera angle.

Press Start then move right stick left or right to begin rotation around the object (this may be where a problem lies - the diagram for Orbit on the TH+ shows right stick left to increase speed and right to decrease speed - this is different than the H480)

You may need to hold the right stick in position for at least 2 seconds to get it to start the rotation.

Yes I am grabbing at straws and can’t afford $2000 to be a beta tester:mad:

Thank you, I will test it before today, before I put to use tomorrow.

Its probably the same thing I ran into getting CCC to work. Make sure the rate slider is set to full. Move the stick all the way to the left or right. It should start then if it does see if moving the stick in the other direction will control speed. If it does not, the rate slider will likely control speed as they have added some function to the rate slider in various flight modes and; as Yuneec does . . . .never told anyone about it.? We found that during a CCC mission, when you're in global pan using the right stick to control camera - the Rate Slider actually changes the rate of the camera movement - sort of like a multi rate switch. Who knew. ?

Reactions: RPR
Thanks Ty, figured you’d join the fray sooner or later. POI is actually one of the useful Tasks just like CCC. I find Orbit and Journey this be useful for the “Me” crowd, but if rather limited usefulness for anything else.

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss