Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Out of Control

Reaction score
Post compass calibration my craft becomes erratic then unresponsive to input and eventually crashes into a fence. Screen shows malfunction of 5 motors and unit will not shut down with either power button... had to pull the battery! Anyone have this happen?

Never heard of one like this. Where and when did you see the 5 motor malfunction displayed?

In order to help you we need more information.

How many flights on this H at the same location?
How many satellites were showing on the display?
When you say "either power button" are you referring to the Red start stop button?
How long was the H sitting on the ground before you took off?
Did you reboot the H after the compass calibration?

Never heard of one like this. Where and when did you see the 5 motor malfunction displayed?
On the remote display as I was wrestling to keep the craft from continuing to power up... completely odd behavior from previous flights.

On the remote display as I was wrestling to keep the craft from continuing to power up.
Have you checked the switches and controls in Hardware Monitor. You should learn to use that function frequently to verify the sticks and switches work properly.

In order to help you we need more information.

How many flights on this H at the same location?
How many satellites were showing on the display?
When you say "either power button" are you referring to the Red start stop button?
How long was the H sitting on the ground before you took off?
Did you reboot the H after the compass calibration?

Second flight at this location. After the first I noticed a sluggish response to the controller so I moved it to the center of my yard to recalibrate the compass.

14 satellites

Red power button on the controller and the power button in the craft

Idled on the ground for 10-15 seconds prior to take off. Hovered just out of wash for another minute to check stability prior to sending it up to any elevation. Full charge on both units.
Eventually the craft just flew directly away from me not responding to the controller at all until making contact with a wooden fence.

If this is a new aircraft, it takes about 13 min after boot up for the H to update the GPS. I know this is not in the manual. Also, you have to hold the red button for several seconds to get the motors to shut off. Same with the power button on the H.

If this is a new aircraft, it takes about 13 min after boot up for the H to update the GPS. I know this is not in the manual. Also, you have to hold the red button for several seconds to get the motors to shut off. Same with the power button on the H.

Not a new unit, but hadn't flown for 6 months or so. Held the red button for as long or longer then previous use, same with the button on the craft no response to either

Not a new unit, but hadn't flown for 6 months or so. Held the red button for as long or longer then previous use, same with the button on the craft no response to either
Ah. Definitely odd. As far as GPS I should mention the 13 min wait time applies when you move locations by over 500 miles or when you haven't flown in a week or so.
I would check the on-off function some more with the props removed to see if you can see what is happening. I've heard of this behavior on only one other post. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to attempt a reinstall of the firmware on the H.

Ah. Definitely odd. As far as GPS I should mention the 13 min wait time applies when you move locations by over 500 miles or when you haven't flown in a week or so.
I would check the on-off function some more with the props removed to see if you can see what is happening. I've heard of this behavior on only one other post. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to attempt a reinstall of the firmware on the H.

As such odd behavior I will start installation or set up from the beginning and see if it mends itself.
If you have a link or something I could follow to do a fresh set up, I'd sincerely appreciate it.
BTW, moved only 5-6 miles from previous address to a brand new building area, but with completely open sky, so hard to understand unless they've buried a bunch of old building material under my back yard...

The GPS refresh time is needed when the H hasn't been flown for awhile because the sats move in relation to the earth so it takes more time to get their position dialed in.

This video explains the process for both the H and the ST16.

The GPS refresh time is needed when the H hasn't been flown for awhile because the sats move in relation to the earth so it takes more time to get their position dialed in.

This video explains the process for both the H and the ST16.
Thank you Steve, been a great help!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Keep us posted with what happens. You may find that if the firmware is up to date, there will be a message that says "Firmware not Found". That could mean the file isn't found or a new version isn't found. It's a bit confusing when it happens.

Were you in angle mode or smart mode?

Good thought. If it was in Smart mode and had not finished updating the GPS, then it could have taken off to get out of the Smart Circle after the GPS calculated the exact position.

It sounds like you might have accidentally bumped the Smart mode switch. Easy to do.
To my knowledge I hadn't changed any settings after take off.... the craft just became more and more sluggish to all directional right stick commands, ( left seemed fine), until it finally just drifting off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital