Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Overheating or safety?

Reaction score
Hello,

I purchased the yuneec breeze a couple weeks ago, and am not sure if this behavior is normal

first instance: flew the breeze for roughly 10 minutes, staying within the geofence obviously, video recording. Landed it without issue. Swapped the battery, and roughly ten minutes later try to use it again. It gives the normal startup town, then a flatter "beep beep" after roughly 20 seconds. The wireless network never shows up. I power cycle the drone maybe 10 times before giving up, flying my other drone and then come back to the breeze after roughly an hour. It works fine for the second, and then third flight with maybe a 5min wait in between. Weather was roughly 70 degrees and overcast.

Flew it again tonight for about 10 minutes, then wanted to swap the battery. I began walking and maybe 10 minutes after landing try to startup again. It gives the normal startup, and then the flatter beep-beep. No wifi broadcast (and no green led showing that) The unit did feel a bit warm. I tried for the next 20 minutes before giving up. Weather was mid 70s, and overcast. I went and grabbed a quick bite, and an hour later it is broadcasting the wifi again, and I had a flight without issue. I was done for the evening, but threw a second battery in and of course it connects the wifi after about 40 seconds. It felt cooler than it did after the first flight.

My questions are as follows:
1. Is there some type of thermal throttling?
2. Is there a mandatory wait period between flights?
3. Is there a guide for the various start-up noises to help diagnose?
4. Does using the reset button also format the photos/videos from internal memory?

thanks in advance. knowing the above will help me determine if I swap this puppy while within the period.

You have a bad unit. Mine was replaced under warranty for this thermal defect. I have three batteries and can fly my replacement through all three with ground time only long enough to swap batteries.

Exchange it at your place of purchase.

1. There is thermal limiting, but it should not happen after just one flight.

2. There is no set wait period.

3. No published beep guide to my knowledge.

4. It hasn’t for me, but I always download the photos/videos to my PC via the USB cable after a day’s flights to have a backup.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I just did a full reset and was hoping that would help my wifi issue, but don't think I'll chance it. I'll swap it out tonight.

Thanks for the reply. I just did a full reset and was hoping that would help my wifi issue, but don't think I'll chance it. I'll swap it out tonight.
I had no issue with WiFi not showing up for the first 7, 8 months, but I suffered the very same issue the last weekend after noticing excessive heat during a long file transfer via WiFi.
Would be interesting to know your observation after trying resets. Thanks.

I had no issue with WiFi not showing up for the first 7, 8 months, but I suffered the very same issue the last weekend after noticing excessive heat during a long file transfer via WiFi.
Would be interesting to know your observation after trying resets. Thanks.

My original Breeze had a heat dissipation problem. Most of the time I could only fly for one battery before having to let the Breeze cool off for 20 minutes or more. It was replaced under warranty by Yuneec.

My replacement Breeze can now fly through all three batteries back to back without a problem. If I am transferring video to my iPhone, I will start having heat problems after about 10 minutes. When transferring several videos to my iPhone, I now have a desk fan blowing on the Breeze to help with heat dissipation.

I backup all my video and photos to my PC via USB connection. There does not seem to be any heat problems while doing this, but it is rare to be connected for more than 10 minutes.

My original Breeze had a heat dissipation problem. Most of the time I could only fly for one battery before having to let the Breeze cool off for 20 minutes or more. It was replaced under warranty by Yuneec.

My replacement Breeze can now fly through all three batteries back to back without a problem. If I am transferring video to my iPhone, I will start having heat problems after about 10 minutes. When transferring several videos to my iPhone, I now have a desk fan blowing on the Breeze to help with heat dissipation.

I backup all my video and photos to my PC via USB connection. There does not seem to be any heat problems while doing this, but it is rare to be connected for more than 10 minutes.
Thanks for your reply. I left breeze to cool down overnight, but still suffered the same problem next morning. But for some random reasons, it would boot up with broadcasting WiFi again sometime later on. Unless yuneec didn't clear the thermal issue status correctly and implemented some restrictions based on old thermal status, it's hard to assume it's a pure thermal or overheat issue.
Anyhow I didn't buy mine locally, so it would be hard to make exchanges. Do you have any idea as how to contact yuneec to make exchanges? Thank you in advance.

On a non-mobile web browser go to Yuneec.com/support. Use the Speak With a Pro option, from there you can use Live Chat, submit a support case (you must already be registered for this option), or Schedule a Support Call.

On a non-mobile web browser go to Yuneec.com/support. Use the Speak With a Pro option, from there you can use Live Chat, submit a support case (you must already be registered for this option), or Schedule a Support Call.
Thanks, will try.

I'd give them a call definitely. You've also reset the device and still have the problem? The reset procedure requires powering up while holding the reset button - a bit different from some devices.

They are sending me the replacement drone for the one that took a dive into the lake -_-. Disconnected immediately from my controller on startup, shot back 10', and then slowly lowered itself into a watery grave.

I'd give them a call definitely. You've also reset the device and still have the problem? The reset procedure requires powering up while holding the reset button - a bit different from some devices.

They are sending me the replacement drone for the one that took a dive into the lake -_-. Disconnected immediately from my controller on startup, shot back 10', and then slowly lowered itself into a watery grave.
Thanks. I did reset, it would start with WiFi for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430