Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Parrot has introduced the ANAFI Thermal, a new drone-based solution aimed at working professionals.

Reaction score
The France-based firm has evolved its existing ANAFI platform to develop the new solution which the company says has been designed to benefit a wide range of industries.

As well as the built-in 4K HDR camera, the ANAFI Thermal integrates a FLIR thermal sensor.

Designers have ensured the new drone is easy to use, offers high-quality thermography and is reliable.

Users can now view live thermal and RGB images of surfaces, structures or at-risk areas that the drone captures while in flight.

Parrot highlighted construction, real estate and public safety as some of the areas it believes its new drone can offer a real benefit.

The ANAFI Thermal will become available in May for £1,700 excluding VAT.

Last edited:
They've definitely made a couple of impressive videos. I'm interested to see what the resolution is on the Thermal sensor.

**Edit: I found the specs - a FLIR sensor with a resolution of 160 x 120

Same as Mavic and Yuneec CGOTET thermal. Nothing improved there unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: AH-1G
They've definitely made a couple of impressive videos. I'm interested to see what the resolution is on the Thermal sensor.

**Edit: I found the specs - a FLIR sensor with a resolution of 160 x 120

Same as Mavic and Yuneec CGOTET thermal. Nothing improved there unfortunately.

Except the price :)

Is that the specs for the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual?

Only $2224.96 U.S.D. Those cameras cost a lot.

Only $2224.96 U.S.D. Those cameras cost a lot.
Pricing and availability
The ANAFI Thermal will retail for $1,900 USD and will be available starting in May at authorized resellers such as Drone Nerds, B&H, Adorama and directly at Parrot.com

The Bebop Thermal was a botch. It put the thermal camera on the hind-end of the drone, the FreeFlight Thermal app flipped it around 180 degree to take thermal, couldn't get visual at the same time. Work flow to get imagery off the drone was tortured, thermal files are stuck in the app and it takes a few steps to get them exported to video.

It looks like they might have got it right with the Anafi Thermal? The thermal sensor's the same low resolution, 160 px, as the CGO-ET and Mavic 2 Pro and the price is less. It gets thermal and visible images off the same gimbal. And, they promise an SD card and easy export of the thermal data for analysis or imaging.

With higher resolution sensors starting at something like $5000 and going way up, this might be a good compromise for those who don't need the higher resolution?

It’s good that Anafi is getting into the IR game. They’ve had some issues in the past, but quick to solve them. Urban distance range test EVO at 3.2miles, Anifi at 2miles, Mavic Pro and M2P flew further than most, Yuneec (my personal range test with stock config. and patch antenna ) 900ft. with my current configuration, TH Plus compass relocated and 4 Hawks antenna, I’ve gotten 1500ft in urban areas (A disappointing limitation) Because range test is a way gauge the reliability of our sUAS.

The Anafi is worth looking into, and I can’t wait to hear more reviews.

Your H+ range certainly seems atypically low. I tested mine in an area adjacent to a very densely populated housing tract and with one set of high voltage towers within 100 yards on one side and 300 yards on the other side. I easily get 1,800 to 2,400 feet before loss of video using the stock antennas and the mushroom 5.8 antenna.

I really want to get with you sometime and see how mine performs side by side with yours in the same harsh environment.

I’ve flown my H+ to nearly 2500’ with no signal loss. This was the limits of my vision, and the edge of the park. This is in the heart of the DFW Metroplex, a densely populated, suburban housing, heavy wi-fi congestion, power lines, water towers, cell phone towers.....DFW’s Class B starting at 3k above me, Class E 700.

H+ with a 4Hawks.

I’ve flown my H+ to nearly 2500’ with no signal loss. This was the limits of my vision, and the edge of the park. This is in the heart of the DFW Metroplex, a densely populated, suburban housing, heavy wi-fi congestion, power lines, water towers, cell phone towers.....DFW’s Class B starting at 3k above me, Class E 700.

H+ with a 4Hawks.

Post a raw n’ uncut video and let us see ;-)

LOL....glutton for torture? I’ve got park videos but man they’re boring. I don’t have a screen capture setup yet, so all I can do is video with stills of the screen. If you really want to see it, I’ll make you a video next time I go out to the park. Next couple days won’t be flying. Winds are 20-30 with gusts 40+, and thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon and evening. System coming in and it’s really brought up the south winds. UAV Forecast doesn’t show winds dropping below 30 until Friday.

Here’s where I fly. Cross Timbers Park, 76182:

Depending on where I’m standing, in the grass or on the sidewalk, the eastern edge is 2400-2450 feet away. I just fly a lap, or back and forth, or anywhere really. To get all the way out I’m up at 250-300 (where the winds are). It’s a nice, big park and I can practice all sorts of maneuvers.....or just fly around for fun. It’s only 8 minutes from my house.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem