Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Part 107 Certificate Useless For New H Pilots? ***UPDATED*** Yuneec Responded!

Reaction score
Hello,

I know this may have been covered before. I have a couple of friends I invested my heart & soul to convince them to get Yuneec H machines in 2018. They obviously considered DJI but, I told them about Yuneec providing NFZ (full) unlock codes after obtaining their Part 107 certificates. One is a real estate agent who wants to stop paying me to do his aerial videos.;)

Under my guidance they have both become exceptional and responsible pilots in just over a year. They both obtained their Part 107 certs but, since Yuneec has left the USA, their request for waiver software has fallen on deaf ears. We tried to contact Yuneec China, Europe, local dealers, and no one is responding.

I'm not an attorney but, I feel Yuneec should at least grant these request to allow people (qualified/responsible pilots) who have invested time and money into their product, to get their birds unlocked. I feel their legal liability is either eliminated or lessened since they are not officially doing business here. Asia and Europe dealers who may posses these codes have no monetary gain and probably fear FAA reprisal, so I understand their silence. It's a sad state of affairs and I have recommended they go to Autel since they allow their pilots to police themselves.

I agree fully. Yuneek had great potential. That has since turned into the past. They are no longer even a thought. Sorry you are dealing with this they have zero care what we as pilots are going through and zero respect for anyone they abandoned. It’s just the way the world is it seems. Integrity honor loyalty respect have been lost And corporate greed all that remains.

Yuneec finally, after 2 months, responded to my request and sent me a permanent unlock code for my H+.

I agree fully. Yuneek had great potential. That has since turned into the past. They are no longer even a thought. Sorry you are dealing with this they have zero care what we as pilots are going through and zero respect for anyone they abandoned. It’s just the way the world is it seems. Integrity honor loyalty respect have been lost And corporate greed all that remains.

Remember the days when we applauded their excellent customer service and loved hearing other pilots defecting from DJI? Now I feel I have to tuck “my tail between my legs” after professing my loyalty for such an innovative company.

Yuneec finally, after 2 months, responded to my request and sent me a permanent unlock code for my H+.

Wow, I think this is promising. Would mind sharing the details of your request? Who did you send it to? What did you send to them? Picture of your certificate? Etc? Any details you can provide would sure a lot of us out. Thanks.;)

Go here: Yuneec USA NFZ Unlock Requests

Fill out the form and wait....and wait....

I uploaded a copy of my 107 License in addition to filling out the complete form.

I don't have an exact date and the conversation I started through that Kayako ticket system just says "2 months ago" with the first response "12 Days Ago".

The Yuneec NFZ list is very small. All are surface areas only of Class B and C airports. It is nothing like DJI and their overly aggressive and arbitrary geofencing.

***UPDATE*** A glimmer of hope? Fred was right - Yuneec May still be providing unlock codes!
E69B4C05-8EF5-499B-AE19-6D840E58EE00.png
I got a response from Yuneec on an email I sent 7/31/20! Andrew replies and it looks like he may be able to provide unlock codes finally.

Has anyone anyone received any correspondence from him? I got a spare H I need to get unlocked. Hesitant, but will go ahead and send a copy of my Part 107 license and cross my fingers!

Thanks Fred! I have to admit I thought you either got lucky or you could possibly the last recipient of unlock codes from Yuneec.

Your identity hasn’t been stolen or something Phishing related? ???just a little apprehensive of who is going to get my credentials now that Yuneec is officially no longer supporting us in the US.

"Andrew" was the one who responded to me.

Should I respond directly to him with my H serial # and copy of my Part 107 or got thru the normal "ticket request" process?

Is this the same Andrew that's been there for eons?

Should I respond directly to him with my H serial # and copy of my Part 107 or got thru the normal "ticket request" process?

You could do either I guess. I think if you respond to the email, it'll be something like [email protected] or similar, rather than "Andrew's" direct email.

Hello,

I know this may have been covered before. I have a couple of friends I invested my heart & soul to convince them to get Yuneec H machines in 2018. They obviously considered DJI but, I told them about Yuneec providing NFZ (full) unlock codes after obtaining their Part 107 certificates. One is a real estate agent who wants to stop paying me to do his aerial videos.;)

Under my guidance they have both become exceptional and responsible pilots in just over a year. They both obtained their Part 107 certs but, since Yuneec has left the USA, their request for waiver software has fallen on deaf ears. We tried to contact Yuneec China, Europe, local dealers, and no one is responding.

I'm not an attorney but, I feel Yuneec should at least grant these request to allow people (qualified/responsible pilots) who have invested time and money into their product, to get their birds unlocked. I feel their legal liability is either eliminated or lessened since they are not officially doing business here. Asia and Europe dealers who may posses these codes have no monetary gain and probably fear FAA reprisal, so I understand their silence. It's a sad state of affairs and I have recommended they go to Autel since they allow their pilots to police themselves.
I have been following this thread since it started. What I have found to be interesting, is that in Canada I have never had a NFZ lock on my H since day one. I don't think they ever did it here due to the small number of sales they had in Canada of the H.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22