Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Passed

Reaction score
I know it's not a big deal to many on here, but I just passed my 107 with a 93% score. I've already got a decent amount of money in starting my side business up, so this was very important to me. Big thanks to King Schools and their online ground school. Was definitely worth the $100.

Congratulations! Best of luck in your new endeavors. :D

Reactions: TurboDad81
basically its stitched up a few companies can run the course and they force you to take the courses and not just site to take the exam example1 example2
That sucks. Way too expensive in my opinion.
I know it's not a big deal
It is a big deal. It takes a lot of work and preparation. Your score indicated you did both.
I'm glad to see folks getting the 107. It adds to the number of operators who know and understand the industry.

It is a big deal. It takes a lot of work and preparation. Your score indicated you did both.
I'm glad to see folks getting the 107. It adds to the number of operators who know and understand the industry.

Thanks, Steve. I did a lot of creeping on here, YouTube, and studied the online ground course pretty hard. I'm the type of person who wants to learn more and more. I'm sure my recurrent test will be a breeze.

Reactions: PatR and Steve Carr
Congrats! Way to go man!

It is a big deal.....unless you happen to have quite a bit of knowledge already. It takes a lot of studying and preparation....not just to pass but to understand. I feel that earning the 107 Certificate, in addition to plenty of practice and skills development, allows one to be called “Remote Pilot” rather than “Drone Operator”.

We’ve worked really hard to earn the title of Remote Pilot. Wear it proudly....and remember the learning will never stop....its an ongoing process of growth.

Reactions: TurboDad81
Thanks, Fred. UAV's are relatively new. I only have a couple years experience with them. I'm hoping one day I can make it my retirement gig.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Congrats on your accomplishment!

I take my 107 currency test tomorrow. If you are an AOPA member you get a $10.00 discount on the FAA test fee. I used a King Schools currency course for study. Unlike the courses where all you do is memorize questions and answers the King courses are extremely comprehensive in presenting and teaching the material used to generate the test questions. Their courses are actual ground schools where pupils learn and develop the knowledge they will need as they go forward.

At only $59.00 I thought the currency course was a pretty good deal and saved a lot of time that would have been spent researching different course topics.

Congrats on your accomplishment!

I take my 107 currency test tomorrow. I also used the King Schools currency course. Unlike the courses where all you do is memorize questions and answers the King courses are extremely comprehensive in presenting and teaching the material used to generate the test questions. Their courses are actual ground schools where pupils learn and develop the knowledge they will need as they go forward.

At only $59.00 I thought the currency course was a pretty good deal and saved a lot of time that would have been spent researching different course topics.
if only it was that price over here i would be doing it tomorrow

Thanks, Pat. I actually absorbed what I was reading and watching. King Schools is very in depth. I am happy with it. I only wish they did what most of the other ground schools do, and give you a lifetime access to their course. You only get 1 year access. But, I'm retaining the info, so I probably shouldn't need to access it after a year.

Last edited:
I suspect there will be a lot of changes in the upcoming year that will require new test material development. You can download numerous aviation instruction books free from the FAA website with considerably more reference material.

Man, I just realized autocorrect made a couple of sentences in my last reply make no sense at all. Just fixed it.

That is one thing they talked about in the King School. They asked if there were any new questions, try to remember them and the answers, so they can teach it in updated schools. I did get a few questions that weren't really discussed, but I learned enough from them that I was able to figure it out on my own. I missed 4 questions total. I flagged 2 questions, went back and tried to work through them, but ended up getting them both wrong. The correct answers on both were the answers that I was contemplating. I always tell myself to stick with my first answer though. The other 2, I thought we're matter of opinion. I can't remember the exact questions or answers, but my mechanic background told me to choose the mechanical answer. Bit me in the rear. Oh well. 93% on my very first crack at it ain't bad I guess.

Also, I managed to finish the test right at 40 minutes in, and didn't touch the scrap paper. I did have to use the calculator once though. Lol. I'll never understand why UAV pilot's need to know airport runway markings and signs neither.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss