Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Photo File Names

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, is there a way to make the photo/video file names on my Q500+ stay in chronological order after I format my SD card? For example, if I take a bunch of photos, they are named YUNC0001, YUNC0002, and so on. Once I download the them to my computer and format the SD card, it starts back over at YUNC0001 again. I would like to keep the numbers going in order like I can do on my DSLR camera, so they don't get mixed up in my computer files. I know I can sort the files by date taken, but I just hate seeing YUNC0001, YUNC0001(1), YUNC0001(2), then YUNC0002, etc. The only way I have been able to keep the numbers going in chronological order, is to leave the last photo taken on the card, NOT format the card, and then stick it back in the camera.

While I'm on the subject, does the H+ have this option? I ordered one and I'm waiting on the FedEx man to deliver it.

You are correct... the easiest way to retain numbering or both photos and video is, when you land do a 5 sec video recording & and snap one photo. Leave those last "placeholders" on the microSD card, and the numbering will continue, rather than resetting.

Reactions: TurboDad81

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval