Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Photo lag

Reaction score
Quick question for the group. Is it normal to have 1-2 seconds lag between when you press the button to take a photo and when you see/hear the action on the controller? Does this correlate to a shutter delay on the camera as well? I'm still doing training flights on the new machine and trying to figure this out for taking photos while in motion.

Thanks

Chris

Quick question for the group. Is it normal to have 1-2 seconds lag between when you press the button to take a photo and when you see/hear the action on the controller? Does this correlate to a shutter delay on the camera as well? I'm still doing training flights on the new machine and trying to figure this out for taking photos while in motion.

Thanks

Chris
Here is what I did when doing commercial drone projects. You can capture a single image from a video, then save that particular image in a folder you created.
Make sure it's a high resolution video. (my video pics are 16 to 17MB).
I use "PotPlayer 64 bit app (free)" to capture single images from the video.

100% of my commercial projects were video's, it's much easier to pic a single image rather than take 100s of single snap shots.
Of course this is my preference...🧐

The attached photo came from a video using the H480 cgo3 camera.
If you are using the H+, the quality of the video is much more impressive

Attachments

• YUN00013.mp4_000045645_resized - Copy.jpg
    YUN00013.mp4_000045645_resized - Copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
To get a feel for the delay, set it up on a table, snap a pic while watching the camera LED.

Yes, getting stills off of video is something I've had to do also, but the image quality is nowhere near that of the high res stills.

Yes, getting stills off of video is something I've had to do also, but the image quality is nowhere near that of the high res stills.
What SD card are you using in the C23?

It should have at least a U3 rating and/or V30 rating. FC3446A6-3EDE-41F2-B99B-A6E26277CDAA.jpeg
As a new H Plus owner I would suggest downloading the user enhanced manual Typhoon H Plus Manual

Last edited:
Wouldnt a pro card lessen the lag ? the faster the read write speeds the better, No ?
Maybe with video, but the lag in photo mode is the processing of the photo by the camera firmware.

Reactions: johnnyb57

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22