Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Photo mode lag

Reaction score
While shooting in photo mode with a 5 second interval on Saturday, the video lag on the ST16 when a picture is captured is really bad. The flight app screen essentially freezes for close to a second. It appears the C23 is processing the .dng in the same process thread as the video is being displayed (or they are locking the video buffer) which prevents the video feed from the C23 to update.

Previously I had been framing shots and shooting in single frames and did not notice this. On Saturday I wanted to fly using the interval photo mode as I flew between video sequences I wanted to capture (rather then just capturing a lot of wasted 4k video).

The lag is so bad it is not possible to fly using the 5 second interval at least.

This also explains why they don't provide a 1 second or 1/2 second interval.

Have you tried a faster card to cut down that lag? Also saving a 20MP file is inevitably going to take more time than a 12 MP file, given the same resources. Did you try an interval sequence at a lower resolution photo setting?

Have you tried a faster card to cut down that lag? Also saving a 20MP file is inevitably going to take more time than a 12 MP file, given the same resources. Did you try an interval sequence at a lower resolution photo setting?
I am using one of the recommended 100mbs Sandisk cards.

I did not use a lower setting, as it doesn't make sense for me to take pictures at a lower setting. I can try just to see the lag effect; I am sure it is related to the time to save the image.

This seems to mainly point to an architecture issue with the C23 firmware - unless it is tied to the hardware design as well.

Completely understand... but if your client potentially does not require 20MP resolution, that could help... it will take less time to fully save... and that card speed is fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio