Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Photo Software for Christmas

Reaction score
So she asked me for some easy to use picture software she can use on her still pictures. Nothing to advanced in terms of learning curve but gives a good result. Thanks.

Reactions: william lewis
ACDSee. Best bang for the buck out there. It's better than Photoshop for general corrections and simple effects. A cleaner interface as well. A ton of room to grow if you want to go there. Plus you might want to use it sometime... ? It's great for non-destructive batch editing of drone photos.

I would check out reviews on the internet and use 30 day trial which most have, what one person recommends may not be what another parson requires. It's a personal preference at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: thoneter
So she asked me for some easy to use picture software she can use on her still pictures. Nothing to advanced in terms of learning curve but gives a good result. Thanks.
At my ripe old age of 74, I find that Photoshop Elements is reasonably easy to use. It has all the basic stuff (cropping, straightening, brightening, "enhancing"). And, it has more stuff than I will ever use. I see at least one retailer selling the new 2020 version (download) for $70. At least the 2019 version included facial modifications that allowed you to create smiles when there were none, and allowed you to change other facial features such as drooping eyes, etc.
Red Baron

Reactions: John Hennessy
Migrated from the Photoshop suite to ON1 with no regrets. Never looked back and thought I should have stayed with PS, which I accept is considered the gold standard. Unfortunately the cost includes the need to have a few extra gold bars available under your mattress as well!

My pick - ON1 Raw - very reasonably priced and easy to use. There is a separate, but fully integrated, 'effects' application to go with it as well, if you want to go down that path.

Reactions: chascoadmin
GIMP is free and does wel and the learning curve is not difficult like PS

Reactions: chascoadmin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss