Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Photos Fuzzy

Reaction score
So I noticed like an old cheap drone I had when you zoom into the pic its all blurry and distorted below is my dji spark 12mp image next to my typhoon h image. 1st 2 are examples from the typhoon h, 2nd 2 are from my 399.00 spark. Its almost like the lense is distorting the image. IMG_20180730_153939_778.jpegFB_IMG_1532907451854.jpegorg_7b82d864e4aad4e4_1532824314000.jpegorg_fa9f7d5f34aca204_1532823318000.jpeg

That looks like JPEG compression artefacts to me, which you'll get when zooming into JPG photos on the H. Also the CGO3+ camera is at its weakest in low light / high contrast situations like this. I'm not seeing the distortion you talk about, but that's probably what the squares are all about. Always take photos in DNG format so you can rescue them afterwards and eliminate compression artefacts...

Couple of things... none of those images is the full 12MP image, so by definition we are not seeing the capabilities of the camera. Make sure that you are shooting in photo mode at full 4000x3000 resolution. If in this resolution, you will know it because the image will look stretched when viewed on the ST-16 screen.

Also go into the photo settings to make sure you are recording images in DNG... you do not need to get JPGs at all. Make sure you are not using "Gorgeous" in the image settings. That setting adds additional processing by Yuneec engineers... which skews the results. Also check any similar settings on the Spark.

To truly test the resolution of both, repeat the test and post DNGs... and to answer your question, there can definitely be variations in the quality of the image from the CGO3+... Sometimes a tweak in the focus will improve things... sometimes not. I have seen some excellent results from OEM CGO3+ cameras... and more than a few mediocre examples as well.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox