Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pictures and videos tilted 2 degrees to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My C-23 camera pictures and videos are all tilted to the right 2 degrees. Does anyone have that issue with their H+?
It has been gone a total of nearly 9 months for warranty repairs and still has this issue. The issue is not connected with heading, wind, camera rotation or tilt. It has never been crashed or damaged in any way.
I have to post process each picture to correct it before I can send to a client.YUN_0002.JPG

The image looks like a bad camera IMU calibration, but that is a simple issue that should have been fixed at any service center. Since it was not fixed, I guess we need some questions.
1.) Was the camera sent to a Yuneec Service Center. (Dumb question, but need to know for sure)
2.) Has the camera been like this from Day 1?
3.) If the camera was initially good, do you remember doing a firmware update about the time the issue began?
4.) Please upload a screenshot of your current firmware page, (such as this example):
C23.jpg

ST16S screenshot.jpg
Thanks for the help.
This has been a long drawn out ordeal. I have reviewed some of the past work I have done and the pictures aren't tilted. I started having trouble with this drone shortly after I got it. The camera would lock up and not respond to any inputs. Videos would lock or become pixelated badly enough you couldn't make out an image. I also started getting error messages "EKF error, internal checks failed" and it wouldn't allow me to arm the rotors. I had also taken off a few times and had to use full stick travel to correct it's drift one way or another. I'd land it, shut down, restart and it would fly fine. I contacted Yuneec and received a RA with instructions to send it to KAV. They had it for months and never did anything to it. At one point, they told me Yuneec had authorized a complete replacement of the drone and camera due to the issues I was having. There were none in stock so nothing happened, no replacement. It was finally sent from KAV to Ascend services in California, calibrated and returned to me with the same issues. I contacted Yuneec again and was told to send it to Vertigo Drones. They calibrated it and returned it to me with the same camera tilt issues as before. it does connect to the ST16 much quicker than before and no EKF errors yet. I have again contacted Yuneec and Vertigo for a course of action.

Sorry so long winded but I thought you needed a blow by blow account.
Thanks again for your help.
Have a great day.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Since Vertigo had it last they should make the necessary repairs as the problem is not fixed.

How long have you had the H+ back in your possession? Hopefully you are still within the timeframe for the ‘repair’ done by Vertigo Drones. You should contact them and let them know your situation with this system so they can extend the time to be able to send it back for proper repair. I believe they are closed for normal operations due to the pandemic.

In the meantime you can try the things suggested by @WTFDproject to effect a possible solution without sending it out for repair. It may be months again if it is sent out.

To ensure we understand correctly:
1.) Do all problems seem resolved other than the C23 leaning issue?
2.) Do you have any non-standard equipment mounted on the Drone? (Such as boosters/repeaters/strobes, etc.)
3.) Does the camera stabilize correctly in the "leaned" position?
4.) Are any non-standard APPs installed? If so, which ones.
5.) Do you, or anyone close by, have another C23 you can try on your HPlus, or another HPlus that you can try with your C23?

To ensure we understand correctly:
1.) Do all problems seem resolved other than the C23 leaning issue? So far I have only flown it 3 times and only had a few seconds when the camera image became pixelated. No EKF errors yet. Time will tell but the other issues seem to be resolved at this point.
2.) Do you have any non-standard equipment mounted on the Drone? (Such as boosters/repeaters/strobes, etc.) Negative. The drone is stock with no modifications. I have been using the extended range antenna on the ST16 because I was losing the link with the camera at less than 100 yards.
3.) Does the camera stabilize correctly in the "leaned" position? Yes, the camera stabilizes correctly in the "leaned position". When I flew yesterday, I was flying aggressively in sport mode to see whether the tilt disappeared in a certain orientation but it remained constant regardless of attitude, speed. I could bank hard right or left and the tilt remained. With the drone on the floor of my house, the camera seems to be tilted slightly. When I force the camera to be level by my eye sighting across a straight edge, the image on the ST16 is level.
4.) Are any non-standard APPs installed? If so, which ones. The only app I have installed is UAV Toolbox. No other non standard apps have been installed.
5.) Do you, or anyone close by, have another C23 you can try on your HPlus, or another HPlus that you can try with your C23? Unfortunately no. The drone activity has died out around here and the local hobby shop doesn't even carry them anymore. When I ordered the H+, they told me it was the only one in the area.

I have contacted Vertigo about the issue and sent them photos. They were going to contact Yuneec for me. I have e-mailed both Yuneec and Vertigo. The rep at Vertigo agreed it could be in the IMU board.

Thanks again for your help.
Glen.

Since Vertigo had it last they should make the necessary repairs as the problem is not fixed.

How long have you had the H+ back in your possession? Hopefully you are still within the timeframe for the ‘repair’ done by Vertigo Drones. You should contact them and let them know your situation with this system so they can extend the time to be able to send it back for proper repair. I believe they are closed for normal operations due to the pandemic.

In the meantime you can try the things suggested by @WTFDproject to effect a possible solution without sending it out for repair. It may be months again if it is sent out.

I have had it back for about a week. It took me a little bit to get away to fly considering the COVID-19 issues. I contacted them this morning and spoke with one of their tech reps. He was going to contact Yuneec for a RA so I can send it back again.

Thanks, this was today just before lunch. Yes, I know how to access conversations. My conversation with Vertigo was a phone conversation so no record of it here.
Can you check conversations? We have one started and waiting for you to reply.

I presume that was some time ago?
Do you know how to access conversations in the Forum?

I suggest you wait.
I presume that was some time ago?
Do you know how to access conversations in the Forum?

I suggest you wait.
Yes, since they made the repairs under warranty, they should stand behind their work. I wanted some valuable information from the forum to help me make repairs if they couldn't. Thanks for the input.

@Ghostrider41

Please respond to the Conversation you were added to. It may save you more lost time sending your unit back to Vertigo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79