Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pigeon Forge TN. Snow Cap Smokies

Reaction score
Couldn't fly inside the park, so I tried from the hotel. It was cold 19 deg. outside with winds approx 20 MPH. Couldn't stay out long as my hands get very cold.

Reactions: Uneek_Pilot
I'm seeing more movement in the camera than I would expect. I'm wondering if you need to balance the props.

I think some of it was me as my hands were very cold and shaking. My hande go num in the cold. My other videos were fine when I looked at them.

I saw some movement too, but I don't think it's a prop balancing issue.

My first sUAS was a P2V which had a simpler gimbal than later dji products and the H480. Indeed, the H480 gimbal is known to be one of the better gimbals among consumer and prosumer UAVs. So the H480 gimbal should show no movement in 20MPH winds...it can easily handle such winds and stronger. The reason why I mentioned that P2V is that it showed similar movements in video but even more pronounced. This was because it had only a single axis gimbal (which wasn't that responsive anyway) as apposed to the three axis quick acting gimbal on the H480.

Now, I noticed that you have the camera pointing quite high up rather than it being angled down. This could be limiting the relevant gimbal axis in the 20MPH wind (which could have been stronger at the altitude you were at) and so producing the less than ideal steadiness I would expect from a H480 gimbal...this is just a theory of mine and I stand to be corrected. That, coupled with cold clunky hands could be the problem.

Edit: just took another look at the video and now I'm not so sure about what I said above. Have you checked the dampeners? There's something going on and it ain't down to cold hands.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer