Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pilot and controller mode only and IRS issue

Reaction score
My drone os working only in pilot and controller mode . All other modes are disabled, knowing that i made sure to enable them from the drone settings.

And second , my drone is always showing IRS error .

To note , i was flying with the drone indoor .
IMG_5837.jpgIMG_5836.jpg

When flying indoors you need to disable the GPS. It is unreliable indoors.
F5B5341A-332A-44D6-B0DF-BAA5617E3B9F.jpeg
Position this switch to the left (Off).

The IRS error can usually be solved by turning on lights. As long as you can get to a yellow on the Status indicator you should be able to takeoff.

That being said, flying indoors is a lot riskier than flying outdoors, until you get used to controlling the aircraft. A large open field without trees or other obstacles is best. You really need to do the compass calibration in an area like that anyway.

When flying indoors, remember the positioning system will try to maintain your hover height. When you fly over obstacles like tables, chairs, sofas and so forth, the Breeze will gain altitude to maintain that clearance over them. With 8 foot ceilings it can get dicey in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Rawados
Pilot and controller modes are the only ones NOT requiring GPS signal. Flying indoors usually means insufficient GPS reception, so that would explain why they stay disabled. IRS depends on lighting and contrast of the surface above that you are flying, check whether it was too dark or too unstructured ( or reflecting). Good luck!

Reactions: Rawados
When flying indoors you need to disable the GPS. It is unreliable indoors.
View attachment 11834
Position this switch to the left (Off).

The IRS error can usually be solved by turning on lights. As long as you can get to a yellow on the Status indicator you should be able to takeoff.

That being said, flying indoors is a lot riskier than flying outdoors, until you get used to controlling the aircraft. A large open field without trees or other obstacles is best. You really need to do the compass calibration in an area like that anyway.

When flying indoors, remember the positioning system will try to maintain your hover height. When you fly over obstacles like tables, chairs, sofas and so forth, the Breeze will gain altitude to maintain that clearance over them. With 8 foot ceilings it can get dicey in a heartbeat.

Thankkk youuu !! Problem solved !!

Pilot and controller modes are the only ones NOT requiring GPS signal. Flying indoors usually means insufficient GPS reception, so that would explain why they stay disabled. IRS depends on lighting and contrast of the surface above that you are flying, check whether it was too dark or too unstructured ( or reflecting). Good luck!

Thank youu !! Problem solved !!!

Great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430