Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pink Screen, won't take pictures

Reaction score
Recently, my Typhoon H will not take pictures. Once you start it up, it says that is has successfully connected to the camera. But, the screen is pink. You can see what it looks like in the attached picture. When it first started doing this, a simple turn off/back on would make it go away. However, now it won't go away. Even if you go up and take a picture just by guessing on the view, it still shows up as just a pink screen. Has anyone else had this problem? or know how to fix it?

Will probably be sending it in to get repaired here soon, as trouble shooting is leading to dead ends.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0701.JPG
    IMG_0701.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
What does the image on the SD card look like?
It is all pink. As in, when you click on the picture when you download to the computer, it shows up as all pink. Like you took a picture of a pink paper or something like that. And yes, did make sure there was nothing on the lens preventing it from being correct.

Just for the heck of it would you list everything you’ve done within the system prior to obtaining the pink screen?

I thought at first this might be been a hoax. Today Baseball teams are wearing pink for breast cancer awareness.

Well, I've never heard of anyone else with this 'pink explosion' problem. If it isn't a hoax I'd love for the OP to come back and tell us what the problem and solution was.

It would be nice if everyone posting of issues would provide comprehensive set up and use history when they state a new problem.

Recently, my Typhoon H will not take pictures. Once you start it up, it says that is has successfully connected to the camera. But, the screen is pink. You can see what it looks like in the attached picture. When it first started doing this, a simple turn off/back on would make it go away. However, now it won't go away. Even if you go up and take a picture just by guessing on the view, it still shows up as just a pink screen. Has anyone else had this problem? or know how to fix it?

Will probably be sending it in to get repaired here soon, as trouble shooting is leading to dead ends.
Thanks!
I had a similar problem once with a Sony camera. Sony ended up extending the warranty to effected cameras do to a bad lot of CCDs. I'm not suggesting Yuneec would do the same but to me it looks like your camera's CCD may be defective, hence new camera guts or camera replacement. I'm suggesting the camera because the rest of the display seems fine so the issue doesn't seem to be with the ST16. If you are technically inclined and don't have a warranty to void you may want to try reseating the camera's internal ribbon cables.

Just for the heck of it would you list everything you’ve done within the system prior to obtaining the pink screen?
Pretty much nothing. We've only used it to fly around our own house and just mess around. It has never crashed. We did replace one of the arms a few months ago, because it stopped working. But we have never done anything inside the system. (By "we" I mean my dad and me). About 3 weeks ago, I went to take pictures of different locations for someone, and it started doing this pink screen thing. But at this time, I powered down, powered back up and it was fine. Then went last week to take pictures of a car dealership, had my insurance purchased and airspace clearance, and sure enough, the pink screen was there. This time, it never went away, no matter what I did. Learned my lesson to never go on a job without a backup drone.
Tried restarting, switched batteries, disconnected camera by removing it completely, then put back on. Cleaned the lens. Spent a while trying to find information online of similar problems, nothing exists. I did as much simple troubleshooting as I could think of. Even spent 2 hours on hold with Yuneec yesterday trying to get through to a technician but clearly was a bad time.
Considering updating all the systems, but don't know if that will help/hurt it?

I doubt this will help, but always worth a try.
Do a factory reset of the ST16, then create a new model, name it and re-bind to the H.
Also reset the camera using the two tiny buttons behind the sd card slot.
And, just for giggles, try a different sd card.

Camera reset buttons.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval