Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

PIX4d Capture

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

On advice from Yuneec UK I was told to install PIX4D capture on my ST16 as I want to do large 3D models, so need to have options for camera angles other than nadir (90 degrees down). I use capture with the DJI Phantom to good effect.

Problem is that the latest version of PIX4D capture requires android 5.0, rather than android 4.4 which is installed on my ST16. I am nervous installing android 5.0 onto my ST16 as it is already pretty unstable and seems to crash all the time..

Does anyone have any experience and/or a work around for this?

Cheers..

You don't need to install anything. With DataPilot you program the mission and once done you configure the inclination of the camera. You don't need third party applications.

Thanks - a bit fiddly as you need to get the correct camera angle before the mission starts but a work around I guess.

I don't understand why they did it that way either, at first you could configure it as you programmed the mission. I often put one mission after another, i only do one flight with both missions at the same time.

The trick to doing it is very simple even if you just do a Survey. It is to put a Waypoint where you program the inclination of the camera. I explain the process of 2 Surveys in a row.

We create a Survey, we give the orientation and all the parameters and by default it does it in ortho. Next we add a Waypoint next to the exit point of the first Survey where we specify the inclination of the camera (90 degrees). We add the following Survey (usually a copy of the first one) and if it is inclined with the option "Refly at 90 deg offset" to make the grid. Activate the Return to Launch option so it returns alone to the takeoff point (or to the station if so programmed). It's that simple. It's that simple and we don't have to use other programs to load the other mission.

This avoids having to take off and land twice. It is always advisable not to load missions or change parameters that influence the flight behavior of the aircraft in flight. This is a safety measure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace