Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pix4Dcapture comes to Yuneec H520

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Pix4Dcapture comes to Yuneec H520 ST16S - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

Pix4Dcapture Highlighted Features:
  • Pix4Dcapture on ST16S is equipped with two different missions types, grid and double grid, providing flexibility for various projects
  • Pilots can adjust the flight plan and parameters to customize mapping parameters such as image overlap, camera angle or flight altitude according to required needs
  • Once flight has commenced, Pix4Dcapture offers two views:
    • Map View: provides live telemetry including flight altitude and speed
    • Camera View: provides the live feed from the camera
  • View images directly on the Pix4D app while onsite
  • For more information on Pix4D, visit pix4d.com

Reactions: arruntus
I was just going to start this thread. Anyone been successful in getting it installed and up and running?? I have tried updating Datapilot to 1.3.1 (supposedly out), and have installed ctrl+yuneec and then pix4d capture as described in:

How to Install Pix4Dcapture App on Yuneec H520

but no update for data pilot as of yet, pix4dcapture only has DJI and Parrot drones still so I guess it isn't quite ready for prime time?

Reactions: Steve Carr
I still have no update for Datapilot 1.3.1 and I am going to wait to get that before I fly a mission. Regardless pix4d seems to have some nice features that data pilot can not do, such as take photos every x number of feet/meters both vertically and horizontally travelled, perform a grid mission that stays within the lines!! my maps weren't loading yet, but not sure if that is because it isn't fully up to speed with data pilot or not.

They've only been published on that page, so it's better to wait until tomorrow to see if the subject has stabilized. Different time zones are what they have.

If we have a new update and the Pix4DCapture it's good news :D

the Ctrl+Yuneec doesnt show in my ST16 when i search.
It is there when I search on the laptop.. But cant save the APK.

Subscribed. Thank you. Flown many missions with a Phanton 4P and Pix4D but just got an H520 a week ago and still learning. Looking VERY forward to this!

Reactions: Steve Carr
OUPS ...... I just put Pix4DCapture on the ST16s and arrived at the end of the process, Choice of the drone, GAG, no trace of the H520, what is this ********!
Decidedly, Yunec accumulates them.
Screenshot_2018-04-06-20-46-06.jpg

Well that works. it is necessary that the drone is connected to have access to the functions.
And nothing new, the same functions as datapilot, polygon mission, grid mission and double grid mission.
That's good, we have twice the same program on the radio, except that for the second it will have to spit for the version on the computer.
Yuneec should stop taking us for cons and smoking us.
Screenshot_2018-04-06-21-17-18[1].png
Result: Pix4DCapture uninstalled.

Pix4DCapture is capable of performing circular missions. It is not implemented for the H520 because the H520 is not capable of such missions. When the H520 is able to do this, new flight plans will appear.

It should be noted that Pix4DCapture is a free application that has allowed drones that did not have applications for photogrammetric flights to be able to perform them. She's not the only one. It is important to have more software available and use the one that makes you feel more comfortable and use the one you like.

Reactions: 10-8
Pix4DCapture is capable of performing circular missions. It is not implemented for the H520 because the H520 is not capable of such missions. When the H520 is able to do this, new flight plans will appear.

I wonder why it cannot do circles. It is only a geometry and it should not depend on a drone.

Well that works. it is necessary that the drone is connected to have access to the functions.
And nothing new, the same functions as datapilot, polygon mission, grid mission and double grid mission.

At least there is a camera angle in Pix4DCapture app so I would not say it is the same as the current version of DP. Lets hope Pix4D will add a circle mission soon.

I was just going to start this thread. Anyone been successful in getting it installed and up and running?? I have tried updating Datapilot to 1.3.1 (supposedly out), and have installed ctrl+yuneec and then pix4d capture as described in:

How to Install Pix4Dcapture App on Yuneec H520

but no update for data pilot as of yet, pix4dcapture only has DJI and Parrot drones still so I guess it isn't quite ready for prime time?

You will need Ctrl+Yuneec app to be installed as well and a drone powered to get it working. Once you have installed both(Ctrl+Yuneec and Pix4Dcapture apps), power your drone, start Ctrl+Yuneec app and click Start Pix4Capture from inside of Ctrl+Yuneec app.

I do not think it has anything to do with DP app installed on your St16s. If fact the way the whole tablet software is built you will have no choice but shut DP down to get access to Ctrl+Yuneec app.

Also do not expect to see H520 on the list of supported drones in Pix4DCapture. H520 is connected through Ctrl+Yuneec app only. If you run Pix4DCapture alone you won't be able to connect to your drone and start planning a mission.

Reactions: 10-8
I wonder why it cannot do circles. It is only a geometry and it should not depend on a drone.

You're right, but if the people who give the drone functionalities, the guys who develop PX4 don't implement it, nothing can be done. All indications are that they're working on it. Pix4DCapture as well as DataPilot is an interface that allows you to program what the drone has to do, but if the drone is not able to do it, it is worthless to be given orders that it is not able to follow. I don't know if I've been able to explain it properly o_O

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
By the way, I still don't see the Ctrl+Yuneec application on the PlayStore :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval