Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"Pllastic Fantastic Lover" ... Where'd ya go boyo?

Reaction score
So I have a quick question. I'm far from a genius... Heck, I'm prolly about one box of chocolates away from being Forest Gump.. but it doesn't take a brilliant man (or woman) to figure out that with drones, quadcopters etc. being acquired and flown by average folks ,with zero previous experience , that losing a drone to whatever the situation, is pretty much going to be a never-ending occurrence. With that being said, one would assume that the first piece of tech that went into each and every quad, from the smallest little nano drone, to the largest government surveillance drone, would be a tracking device. **** I got one for my car keys for 15 bux at Wal-Mart.so why is this not an industry standard? And why is there not an app or apps tailored for locating lost gps drones.the hardware and pretty much the software is already there. It's a GPS drone dude .I can't even find a real app for this online. Help me understand this insanity

Reactions: Colorado Kid
You should probably tell us which drone you have...

Some drones do have tracking functionality in them, but this is only useful when there is still power, which isn't always the case after a loss. We can also look at telemetry to see where our UAV went down. And there's a whole load of 3rd party trackers on the market, so I'd say we've got this fairly well covered. Personally I use a Loc8tor tracker on my Typhoon H.

I use the tile app I found this to be efficient an affordable and you're usually within feet of where the drone went down even if you lose sight. I have 2 Of the Typhoon pro with realsense technology one went down because of a red tail hawk, another one went down because of an owl I think the video of that one going down well it just shows it dropping out of the sky with no faults on my controller had there been an owl because it was almost dark but I was able to recover both but then they were stolen out of my truck now I'm building my own hopefully bird proof

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements