Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Polar Pro ND Filters - Super Sale!

Correct, but still a good buy on the 3 ND set. Mebbe even a Best Buy. :p

Speaking of Circular Polarizers.....I have always been curious as to how you adjust the Polarizer Effect of that filter on the Drone Camera while flying.

Polarization is most effective at 90 degrees to the sun (or light source). Maximum polarization will occur when your subject is at a right angle to the sun. At 180 degrees (when the sun is behind you) polarization will be non-existent. Between these two points, the amount of polarization will vary.

A circular polarizing filter screws onto the front of the camera lens and has two rings that rotate. To use a polarizer, simply twist the front ring to activate polarization.

Look inside the camera while turning the filter ring. You will know that you have achieved polarization because reflections will disappear and the contrast between a blue sky and clouds will increase.

I was only interested in the ND's - And at what, a $30-$40 discount, I'm happy about only getting the ND's I wanted!
(sorry if anyone felt like I was misleading them, didn't even notice it said CPL)

I'm curious what folks are using CPL's for in drones?
Just increasing contrast and getting blue skies?

Or does it appear to help with shooting anything reflective (water, glass, cars)

Get the ND Filters. For Bright/Sunny days you will want to use them. Most of the time I fly with the ND8. ND Filters reduce the amount of light getting to the sensor thus allowing you to manually set the ISO and Shutter speed at the optimal settings for video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval