Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Poor image quality on CGO3+

Reaction score
I've had my H for a couple of months and have done all the updates as required. My videos look great but the stills are soft and smudged on the right side. Being a retired photographer I know this is possibly due to alignment of the lens to the sensor. If I send this in for repair should I install one of the aftermarket lenses and which one. Image quality is my #1 concern. I understand softness in the corners due to angle of view but sharpness is definitely a problem. Any suggestions from someone who has actually had this repair/replacement done ? Thanking you in advance.

Personally, rather than do something twice I'd pick up the phone and call CarolinaDronz and talk to Frank about sending him your camera for a PixAero lens upgrade. It's a better lens. The stock lens can be just fine for most, and Yuneec will assuredly correct the current problem for free, and you have the ability to adjust the image sharpness in the camera software, but as a retired photographer I just don't see you being satisfied with something that was not as good as it could be.

Reactions: Birk
I am currently having 2 cameras upgraded, one with the PixAero 3.77 lens and the other with the Peau 8.25.
Before I sent them out I took some static photos of a standardized lens sharpness target with each lens.
When my cameras come back, I will be taking the same photos with the new lenses, and will post all on this
board to provide some empirically comparable results on both the stock lens and the upgraded lenses.

Reactions: Guest22 and Birk
I've had 3 cameras for my H the last one from Yuneec was very sharp. I had purchased one of the Peau Productions 3.97 mm lenses with the intention of installing it on my camera after the warranty expired. I put it on a GoPro3+ black in the meantime. This last CGO 3+ is sharper than the Peau and has better contrast and less flare. There seems to be a lot of variation in all of these lenses regardless of who sells them.

I am currently having 2 cameras upgraded, one with the PixAero 3.77 lens and the other with the Peau 8.25.
Before I sent them out I took some static photos of a standardized lens sharpness target with each lens.
When my cameras come back, I will be taking the same photos with the new lenses, and will post all on this
board to provide some empirically comparable results on both the stock lens and the upgraded lenses.
Look forward to seeing your results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval