Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

poor range H pro

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I fly this afternoon with my H pro realsense and it's the first I try to go far but at 2000 ft everything was stop the rc connection and the video I m very unsatisfied with this poor range? All my flight I ever do I have the video freeze but not the rc connection but it's the first time I try to go so far? How about yours?
Sorry for my english
Thank's

If you fly in the same location several times you may get different distances each time. It all depends on the conditions when you fly. I have added the Itelite antenna to improve the video link and it works very well.

2000' is, IMO, a pretty fair usable range. Not mentioned by the OP was antenna orientation at the ST-16, or the area conditions.

The H was never intended to be a long distance aircraft. In my opinion 2000' is quite reasonable and since such a distance is out of VLOS is better than what can be 'legally'expected (for want of a better term).

Hi FlushVision,
700 meters it s enough for all the legal application but yesturday a friend Loose 2 poney at the mountain and for research them we want to do a radius like 1km but this happen, and the specification of the H pro is 1.6km range rc and video ? I m just disapointed

Hi FlushVision,
700 meters it s enough for all the legal application but yesturday a friend Loose 2 poney at the mountain and for research them we want to do a radius like 1km but this happen, and the specification of the H pro is 1.6km range rc and video ? I m just disapointed
In the U.K. (where I am) the legal maximum distance one can fly out on a standard permission is 500m and also must be in VLOS. Flying out to 700m is illegal (certainly in the U.K.)

Personally, even when using the most lenient definition of LOS, I find that anything much beyond 1300' is out of my LOS...for my eyes anyway.

Of course, this is not to say that the TH can't fly beyond 2000'. Indeed, I've seen many a report of TH's flying well beyond that...and even further with good antenna choices. All I'm saying is that the TH was always designed to be a VLOS aircraft. The fact that many pilots are able to fly beyond VLOS limits is a bonus to them but not something that I'd be willing to take advantage of.

Hi FlushVision,

Do you have the "A" or "E" version of the firmware?

With the "E" 700 m (2.000 feet) are too many.

In any case, distance depends also on radio interference (remove smartphones and similar).

The U.S. version of the H firmware will easily exceed 2000' feet if general conditions and antenna orientation is correct. In fact, it will function correctly much further out than that. Put terrain, foliage, or other obstructions between the H and the ST-16 and range will be reduced or contact lost. Operate low to the ground at long distance and you may lose contact. Those conditions are common to all low power systems. I know this to be a fact.

You can't see an H much beyond 1500' but our laws simply state the operator much be able to keep the aircraft in view for LOS operation, not that it has to be seen well enough to maintain control. LOS is required to assure a means of collision avoidance, which is solely the responsibility of the sUAS operator. Since I don't operate in the U.K., EU, or Australia I don't have any concept of what their legal requirements are. Bottom line, if you can't maintain good video or connection at the range you are flying at, move yourself closer to the desired area of flight, and assure you maintain a clear-unobstructed signal transmission path between the ST-16 and the H. The solution is truly that easy to accomplish.

Last edited:
Hi FlushVision,
Did you probably use the CGO app to let your friend have an own view of the live video feed via a tablet or phone?
My estimation is that the "additional" network traffic gives some extra load on the WLAN host (the CGO3+). But that is just a guess...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio