Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pos & Con's Of The Rakon Rebuild

Reaction score
The first thing positive, it's weight, you notice it right away while building it, much lighter.

First thing negative, the entire bottom side of the FC board is exposed to the elements and the power on/off switch becomes recessed, not as easy to feel if you're reaching around the airframe while it's on it's landing gear.
Next thing, the finished kit with it's landing gear package stands a full 2" taller, might be a bit of a problem when landing it's more top heavy, may want to tip over.
The cross support at the base of the landing gear can get hung up, it should be a ways up the legs away from the ground.

And last but not least, after you get all done and have the gimbal in place the gimbal shipping support won't slide into place, it's got to be modified and I'll post that mod when I figure out just what to do about it.
Don't get your hopes up that an H gimal shipping support will fit, it won't, I tried mine.

Well I can see that this isn't hot topic, guess I'll get an extra gimbal lock for the "H" and modify it somehow to keep my camera & gimbal safe during transport.

Reactions: rexbo
I'm not sure if that would be ok in that I believe the board does need some air circulation for cooling, and the switch would have to be dealt with.

Think I might cobble up a shield of sorts but will allow for air flow around the board

I got my H gimbal cover back out and have done some staring at it, it could be modifies to work so I ordered one from YSkins this morning before leaving for work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop