Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pre-Flight check list for Typhoon H & H Plus

Reaction score
When you arrive at the flying site you don't want to spend too much time going through a lengthy check list so I have designed a quick and efficient pre-flight check list as per photo. The check list is for the important checks required for safe flying and the categories are color coded for quick reference and get you in the air safely to eliminate potential problems during flight. The pre-flight check list is also colored Fluro Yellow so it stands out in a case or backpack.1733917340

Reactions: JohnnyRock
I too made one of those when I first started, and have never once referred to it in the field :) If you fly regularly, your pre-flights get memorised very quickly, but perhaps the process of making the sheet helps with that, so not a criticism...

No need to take off into the wind though ! It's a multirotor - it doesn't care what the wind is directionally doing when it is taking off, landing or at any other time !
The only time I would say you need to pay attention to that is when you are doing longer range flights that you are worried may tax the battery pack - then it makes sense to fly out against the wind so it is behind the craft for its return.

Last edited:
Naw, just hover the H head high and grab a hand held compass to align with the H and verify heading[emoji6]

Be nice, his intentions were good. Anything that helps keep the new person out of trouble and develop a consistent routine is a good thing.

And beyond that, even 10,000 hour military jet jockeys use checklists.

Nice card.

What people are trying to do is point out improvements, such as putting the compass calibration line at the top of your general section, rather than after take-off, which its current position implies.

Another tip: the memory card check should be for the aircraft/camera. The controller does not need one (generally) for flight operations.

As others have said, nice and neat. Just a few tweaks to make it even better.

Jeff

Reactions: KellyR
From what I've read, once the compass calibration is done it should be fine & you shouldn't have to do it again unless the craft is behaving odd or you travel 100+ miles away from where it was done. East/West direction being the important one since it's a compass that points north & traveling 100 miles north/south doesn't change things much. Anybody confirm this?

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I regularly drive 700 miles north-south in California. Never needed a compass calibration doing so. No ill effects. It all has to do with the isogonic lines.But that's only about 3 degrees change in declination. I recall hearing that it is only a potential concern once you get close to 5 degrees or more.

Hi KellyR, Exactly calibration is only required If Needed and that is why it's last. As calibration is not needed BEFORE every flight I put it last to jog memory only. I have calibrated only once and that was out of the box new and 4 years later still the original calibration even travelling 70km to fly. I also do not use a check list all the time but when on a job I do as I don't want to miss something which can be costly. cheers

Reactions: KellyR
Checklist? I'm still dealing with case envy ? That thing is sweeeeet.

Is that an st10 tucked in there? Why be that?
Yes, the ST 10 is for a camera man while I am flying he can take videos or pictures, the combination works very well but camera man and pilot must be on the same wave length for it to work well. cheers

Yes, the ST 10 is for a camera man while I am flying he can take videos or pictures, the combination works very well but camera man and pilot must be on the same wave length for it to work well. cheers

I'd be interested in how you manage to get the st10 to bind and function properly as cam control? My understanding (and limited experience) was that it isn't possible to make the combination work that way.

I have a spare st10 and would love to be able to put it in my TH kit.

Reactions: Trav H and KellyR
I'd be interested in how you manage to get the st10 to bind and function properly as cam control? My understanding (and limited experience) was that it isn't possible to make the combination work that way.

I have a spare st10 and would love to be able to put it in my TH kit.

I'm curious to know too. I've thought about getting a second pilot/camera controller myself.

Calibration "IF REQUIRED"
I get that, but the positioning of it on your check list implies it to be done after take off. Maybe tweaking it to appear before point (d) as, say, point (a) in the 'General' section. Your checklist is good and you should be proud of it. I just think it needs that tweak.

I like point (d) Switch on camera. Too often have I conducted a flight only to realize that I've forgotten to start recording and have to re-do the whole flight again. For me, that should be in big bold letters:eek:;)

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone