Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pro or not to pro that is the ?

Reaction score
advoidance seems nice but I don't do a ton of follow me , any other difference besides external antennas? Arrrrgh I was about to pull the trigger but I had to watch one more video lol

st16 has 3 external antennas vs 2, patch antenna for better wifi range.

Reactions: Brock.ugk
I hate trying to buy something lol I think I'm gonna get just a standard, but I know I'm gonna say shoulda got the pro

I hate trying to buy something lol I think I'm gonna get just a standard, but I know I'm gonna say shoulda got the pro
get the pro, if you don't want RS sell the module. you can but the H Pro from Horizon Hobby for $1340 with the right coupon.

One other thought, the Pro gives you the IPS (indoor positioning system) which is integrated into the Realsense module. While you may never use the Pro indoors the downwards facing IPS gives you better position holding and augments altitude readings, especially if and when GPS is off. And lastly, the Pro came out later so hopefully any bugs or issues with some of the earlier runs may be less prevalent. I haven't had any issues with mine. You probably wont either, even if you go with the standard but with the price drops I would be wary that distributors are trying to unload older inventory and you could end up with one of the earlier runs.

I haven't used any of the Realsense features yet but when that time comes I'll probably be happy I did. Some of the complete packages of the Pro include a spare battery, backpack, wizard, etc. Also, I'm a little jealous that you can now get a Pro complete for what the Standard used to cost.

Greg

If I was in the market today, I'd go for the Pro. For me the dollar difference isn't that huge. As an early adopter and have the "adv" or standard. I've yet to turn on standard CA and don't believe I'd be using RS very much at all based on how I use my drones. I can't recall, the exact speed, but with the RS I think the speed is limited to like 12 mph.. So good for following someone running/hiking, not so good for thing I'd want it for...

I've got a P4 and that front-looking CA works very well, yet I've never used in my real world "shoots".

So, I was all set to buy the RS module for the H when it came out when I first got my H, But right now, while I'd still like to get it, its way low on my list of "priorities" and things to purchase...

Not sure of this, but does collision avoidance turn on automatically on a RTH. That would make it useful for that fact alone

Not sure of this, but does collision avoidance turn on automatically on a RTH. That would make it useful for that fact alone

Not at present. You must switch it on. The reason not auto may be because it limits the speed. If you are high or in a no-trees area you would not need it in RTH.

Thanks guys I appreciate that, the ips is a biggie for me , the copter just seems like a good overall package

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval