Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ProAction with CGO4

Reaction score
Have anyone found a good approach to handle audio when using the ProAction? I have tried slate and Zoom H1 - it is possible when you do not record people talking - difficult to hit the frame and clap-sound with marks in FCPX and achieve real sync. Last I tried to use a iPhone recorder app and see if the time of record was recorded in sync with the video from the iPhone clock. But no way - could not find any timestamps for support in this. It would really lift the ProAction value if I found a way around this issue. Any better experience?

Just curious. Did you record the video of the hand slap while recording the audio?

Yes. I have after my last comment bought a good old clapperboard. The Digislate app I used previously has an electronic clap, but the sound peak is much to modest to use for Marking in FCPX for synchronization. The clapperboard gives a real stand out peak in audio record and after a couple of trials I also learned to identify the frame giving the peak for Marking in the videofile. I am using the AVR recording app on the iPhone for audio. It was the only decent app continuing to record while the CGO4 app was live in front. I am much more happy now.

I must comment that I use a Røde mike on a magic arm fastened on the ProAction to have it in front of the camera to avoid the silly CGO4 sound in the recording.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt