Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem using CGO3 app

Reaction score
I bought a Yuneec Q500 4K recently and because of the weather I haven't had a chance to fly it yet. I've been trying to get familiar with what I need to know before first flight. My problem is that I downloaded the CGO3 app from the Google play store on my tablet so that my wife can watch the drone in flight. Problem is after starting up the drone and controller, the CGO3 wifi does not show up on my tablet under the wifi connections. Is it because the Yuneec video frequency is 5.8 GHz and my tablet is only 2.4 GHz? If so, how are most people using tablets for secondary viewing to their controllers? Not many tablets or cell phones have a 5.8 GHz feature.

The frequency range should not matter as you are connecting with WIFI. Did you find your CGO3's network name (SSID) and password on top of the gimbal assembly? Be aware that there is considerable lag time between the video displayed in the app, and what the drone is actually doing. DO NOT attempt to fly the drone using the app as a first person display. You will kiss a tree, or much worse!

Stink-eye, Thank you for your quick reply. I removed the gimbal assembly and the only numbers that I found on top was on a small black sticker. None of the numbers mention SSID. The only number that even resembles one was: FCCID: 2ACS5-CGO3 . I'm not sure which numbers were the password. I also tried enabling Bluetooth on the tablet with no success.

Last edited:
WTFDproject, Thank you. That's what I was thinking before I posted but had to make sure.

Does anyone know if more than one WiFi connection can be made to a CGO3 or CGO3+?

I've had as many as 3 smartphones monitoring a CG02+ while in flight. Don't think it would be different for CGo3 or CGo3+. Just remember WiFi isn't the same as radio. The more connections it's maintaining, the more lag it will have. (not by a whole lot each, but it will add up)

Last edited:
The more connections it's maintaining, the more lag it will have.
That's right. When you connect two devices to the camera there will be more lag and the video will break up at as you fly farther away. There really isn't a convenient way for a second connection to the Q500. The Typhoon H controller has an HDMI output just for that purpose.

Does anyone know if more than one WiFi connection can be made to a CGO3 or CGO3+?
Yes. The ground station is 1. Then any other device you use.like your tablet or smart phone. Do you have the picture on the ground station. If you do, then the WiFi is working from the cgo3

Yes. The ground station is 1. Then any other device you use.like your tablet or smart phone. Do you have the picture on the ground station. If you do, then the WiFi is working from the cgo3

Thanks to all for the info! Hadn’t tried it and was curious if it could be done. My camera is out for repair due to a bad sensor so no way to experiment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin